Join our Kotonian team now!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, responsible and organized person to join the finance-accounting team to ensure appropriate control and bookkeeping of company’s bank and cash transactions.
• Economic University Graduate, preferable specialized on accounting;
• Minimum 2-year experience in Accounting preferably in Retail sector;
• Good English skills; Strong communication abilities, verbal and written;
• Good to advance level of MS Office programs;
• Attention to details, responsible and organized, result-focused approach;
• Monitoring, controlling and booking bank statements (in local and foreign currencies) to ensure accurate reflection of bank transactions on ledgers accounts’ movements and balances;
• Follows, controls and books all cash inflows from company’s bank accounts identifying and matching the transaction with the appropriate source of income (sales by cash collection, POS transactions, loans, customers, subsidies, other sources); controlling the effective cash collection according to existing procedures of the company;
• Reconciles and books the bank cash-ins from stores with the correspondent amounts collected from the stores through each channel (cash, POS, vouchers settlement);
• Follows, controls and books all cash outflows from company’s bank accounts ensuring that appropriate supporting documentation and approval exists; monitoring the correctness of transactions by matching the payments with the appropriate obligations (suppliers, loans, taxes and contributions, personnel expense settlements, salaries, and others);
• Follows, controls and books the bank fees and commissions ensuring that the outflows correspond to the bank agreements in force;
• Centralizes, controls and books the employees’ expense settlements and ensures that company’s procedures related to expenditures are followed (advances, expenditure justifying documents, daily allowances and others);
• Prepares appropriate reports regarding the managed area as required by colleagues, by company’s management, by the parent company representatives and by third parties, upon case;
• Offers support in budgeting activities as required by the local management to comply with parent company’s deadlines related to the company’s budget;- Participates in annual inventory according to legislation and in company’s audit providing information and offering support related to managed area;
• Responsible with archiving the documentation handled during his/her activity within the company according to law requirements and company’s procedures;
• Fulfills any other tasks and requirements as required by company’s local management or by parent company’s representatives.