Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
is searching for its premises in Bucharest
Siderom is part of Sidenor, which is a leading producer of steel products in South East Europe. Its extensive product portfolio, which includes long, flat and downstream steel products, is manufactured across nine facilities in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, FYROM and Australia.
The Role: Financial Controller
We are expanding our business and are therefore looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team in the role of Financial Controller.
In this role you will report directly to Regional Finance manager and you will be responsible for financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow management and reporting. As part of your role, you will also liaise with third party providers, as well as corporate administration functions.
Most of your responsibilities are (but not limited to) to:
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Supervise Corporate Compliance by maintaining up to date records and following procedures
- Support decision making by assessing financial impact of different operational scenarios
- Prepare and monitor budget updates, track budgetary versus actual performance and devise methods to negate deviation
- Assist in monitoring fiscal procedures for duplication, efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with required policies and regulations
- Be involved in yearly audit process
- Reconcile the IFRS balance versus Local GAAP
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Deal with Treasury related processes, reconciliations and cash flow management
- Prepare and monitor the liabilities and receivables analysis
- Monitor collection of receivables and payables
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs across the business
- Act as a Project Manager in Financial tasks
- Deal/ execute the monthly evaluation process in SAP.
- Establish/ monitor the cost production process and prepare relevant reports
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience to a similar position at the same or different sector
- Experience in SAP/BW is prerequisite
- Sound IFRS financial reporting knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial reports with accrual accounting mentality
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Exposure to multinational environment
Education & Capabilities
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA and/ or Professional Accounting Accreditation (eg ACCA, CIA) appreciated.
- Fluent English (written & verbal). Greek/Romanian is preferred as a second language
- Advance use of Microsoft Office
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, and be self-motivated
- Ability to organize and carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Results oriented, with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical, communications and presentations skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared goals, in a multinational/multicultural environment
- Excellent problem-solving, being detailed, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities are crucial