Field Service Engineer – Romania
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to perform service, calibrations, emergency repairs, and installations of OEM instruments at customer facilities in a designated geographic region. The Field Service Engineer acts as a liaison between our customers and appropriate Alpha personnel and provides a high level of customer service by providing on-time, quality service. In addition, this position is accountable for customer satisfaction, profitability, prompt and accurate reports and maintaining “trunk” inventory levels.
Alpha Technologies, a Roper company, is the world leader in the design, manufacture, service and support of precision rubber and polymer laboratory instrumentation and data analysis and software systems.
Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities
- Ensure safety quality standards are maintained including industry safety practices established by customer
- Contribute to the business financial targets with emphasis on revenue contributions and profit generated from service and the sale of parts
- Provide “on-time” (on or before due date) quality service by scheduling all assigned service accounts (. installations, warranty, repair, calibration and emergency calls). Continuous improvement as it relates to customer satisfaction
- Ensure high level of technical knowledge and skill in order to promote new service accounts as well as maintaining existing accounts
- Support the area sales manager and the business by maintaining professional business ethics and ensuring customers are treated with efficiency, courtesy, and respect
- Ensure all paperwork, . itineraries, service call reports, switch and go reports, expense reports, and tracking reports are completed in accordance with Alpha Technologies procedures.
- Maintain accurate levels of “trunk” inventory
- Comply with all ISO established procedures, which includes maintaining up-to-date ISO 9001 documentation
- Ensure constant communication between the customer and appropriate Alpha personnel providing sources of competitive information, sales opportunities, and customer product needs
- Perform CPMP procedures
- Install and train customer on the current line of Rubber and Polytest instruments
- Troubleshoot and perform a RCFA on the current line of Rubber and Polytest instruments
- Repair and calibrate discontinued line of instruments
- Install and train customers on use of Alpha line of software products
Education – Experience – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or instrumentation or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-5 years technical support or field service engineer experience required
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Russian preferred
- Able and willing to travel, including up to 80% of overnight travel, in personal vehicle
- Microsoft Office Experience – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated effective communication skills: written oral and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline traits
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to deal with a wide range of individuals
Please apply only on the website.