Field Applications Engineer (Embedded)
4 Bulevardul General Vasile Milea, București
Acest job nu mai este activ.
As an Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will help developing hardware and firmware solutions with our clients accelerating their product development schedule. The geographical area you will mostly be active is Eastern Europe with the regional headquarters in Wels / Austria.
This position will expose you to a wide variety of challenging applications spanning consumer, IoT, automotive, medical and industrial markets. We encourage an out of the box design approach to help our clients maximize the overall value of their end product by giving them the freedom to innovate.
- Be able to both advise on and implement innovative ideas and solutions to Microchip’s clients.
- Continuously and proactively develop additional technical skills
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of the end product.
- Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for the assigned clients.
- Utilize Microchip’s Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at select target clients.
- Use insights and influencing skills to teach clients about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their technology, which link back to Microchip‘s solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip’s solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment, to successfully develop and implement sales strategies across clients divisions and geographical locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback and ROI for their investments in clients.
- Electronic Design – Creative design capability, architectural organization of hardware, firmware and software to meet system specifications, schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, Test and debug skills (using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter, etc.)
- Microcontroller fundamentals – Algorithm development using C, C++, architecture, interrupt processing, registers, assembly code
- Microcontroller fundamentals - ADC, DAC, Timers, PWM, DMA, watchdog
- Specialized techniques for embedded programming- Real Time Control, RT Clk, Interrupt Density, debouncing of switches
- Memory - NOR, NAND, SRAM, DRAM, Error Detection Correction
- Basic protocols - I2C, SPI, UART
- Advanced protocols – Ethernet, USB, CAN, LIN
- Skilled and practiced in wireless techniques.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record is an advantage.
- Relevant work experience – A proven “problem solver” who thrives on complex technical and business challenges and is personally motivated to provide the best solution for our clients.
- Highly motivated & determined. Being a driver.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges.
- Communication—Tailors communication to the client’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to comfortably drive conversations to elements of value for both parties.
- Networking—Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success.
- Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative.
- Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
What you may expect:
- Challenging and varied tasks.
- A very dedicated team.
- An innovative, cooperative and friendly working environment.
The job is located in BUCHAREST!
Only suitable candidates will be considered for interview!
Microchip Romania Team welcomes you!! Come and be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team with a free communication style and a challenging work environment. We offer you the opportunity to interact with highly skilled professionals globally, excellent compensation package and great career opportunities in a US based multinational company, established and fast growing in Romania.
Acest job nu mai este activ.