Expert Linux Server Operations
Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
The Job Holder is accountable for providing effective and efficient IT Infrastructure services within and towards to Global Solutions and Business Divisions.
Details about the team: young and energetic, located in Bucharest, is responsible for operating the entire Server landscape of OMV group. Main technologies that the team is handling: Microsoft, Linux, HDS, EMC, VmWare.
- Responsibility for the delivery of an IT service, according to the corresponding SLA. This covers the application as well as the infrastructure topics necessary to deliver the service.
- Is responsible for continuous improvement of service quality. Is responsible to lead the solving process for incidents and problems related to the service
- Responsibility for delivering projects on time, with quality and within budget as specified in the project work order, in line with company and Global Solutions standards and guidelines
- To support the assessment of customer needs and the market place
- To design new IT Infrastructure services
- To perform changes and improvements of existing IT Infrastructure services
- To build and deploy complex IT Infrastructure services.
- To carry out complex changes to IT Infrastructure services and processes in a coordinated way
- To deliver IT Infrastructure services effectively and efficiently
- To full-fill user requests, resolve service failures and define procedures for it, support to fix problems
- Carrying out routine operational tasks and defines procedures for it
- To continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes and IT Infrastructure services on team level
- Collaboration with the team members and the other departments from Global Solutions and Business
- Support of team for improving department activity, find new solutions in accordance with department/SL objectives and business' requirements
- Contribution to projects and initiatives for improving activities
- 7 years overall working experience and minimum 5 years of practical experience in server operations area; any knowledge and working experience in other related IT areas like network, storage & backup are considered a plus
- Good experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Redhat and Suse linux OS flavours – LVM, performance
- Good knowledge in managing and troubleshooting on Puppet, GIT, Nagios, Apache, Tomcat, SAMBA, Redhat Satellite
- Knowledge and experience in managing Veritas Infoscale High Availability product will be considered an advantage
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure services (. TCP/IP Networking, SAN, Web servers, NFS)
- Highly dedicated to the improvement of own technical abilities and assimilation of new information.
- Good team player, good communication skills
- University degree or higher in Automatics, Cybernetics, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent education along with solid occupational experience in the related field;
- Intermediate to advanced command of English (written and spoken).
- Good knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio)