Tax Consultant - Timisoara
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of tax practice in EY.
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business and industry by recognizing business trends and emerging tax practices and policies relevant to clients;
- Works with the client and engagement team to understand the client’s business and tax needs, provides practical implementable solutions and supports and takes ownership for the implementation of these recommendations;
- Works with the tax team to develop marketing/sales strategies and implementing them and also to develop and customize relevant/practical methodologies in the tax area for the Romanian market;
- Utilizes and encourages the application of firm wide methodologies and tools including computer based software solutions;
- Prepares memoranda, working papers, and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports);
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assists them in designing and implementing individual development plans. Develops and coaches people;
- Ensures proper approval and sign-off of the contracts within the firm by the Partner/Manager and with the client before beginning any engagement; escalates any quality issues to the practice and engagement partners and managers proactively and ensuring these issues are addressed at the earliest;
- Demonstrates functional expertise in the areas of inbound and outbound corporate taxation, individual taxation, indirect taxation, Romanian accounting standards and rules.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Economics (. Accounting/Finance);
- 2- 3 years of experience working as a consultant or as a tax professional in the industry or tax consulting/ accounting firms;
- English language – medium or high level;
- Understanding of Romanian accounting standards and rules;
- Inbound taxation: profits tax, VAT, payroll taxes;
- Outbound taxation: withholding taxes, application of tax treaties, tax credits;
- Individual taxation: tax residency rules, taxation of dependent/independent activities.
We offer you
- Friendly working environment, opportunities for career growth, developing your skills and being challenged by projects are just a few of the things that make us an awesome team.