We are looking for an intelligent and customer focused Engineering Team Leader to join our team.
- Directly manage remote team of engineers in an Agile environment.
- Oversee the overall product lifecycle -architecture, design, development, quality and production.
- Adhere to the default principles for Architecture, quality and non-functional requirements.
- Hands-on development of features.
- Grow, coach and become a personal & technical mentor for the team members.
- Mentor and advise your team in code review, pair programming and more.
- See the big picture of group tasks and take decisions.
- Recruit and mentor top talented team members.
- Play a key role in R&D strategy.
- Drive a culture of ownership and technical excellence.
- At least 2 years experience of managing engineering team in faced paced complex environment.
- At least 4 years in end-to-end applications development.
- Good technical skills with deep understanding of the development lifecycle, methodologies & best practices with proven track record of software delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in microservices and distributed systems.
- Experience with async communication and event-driven messaging architecture.
- Strong people management skills and experience with the ability to deal with complex people issues.
- Strong stakeholder management, strong business and technical vision.
- Independent, responsible, with a true desire to make an impact.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Significant experience working in Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Maven / Gradle, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational & NoSQL Databases.
- Experience in the Spring Framework & Spring Boot.
- Strong English –Write, Read and Speak.
- Bachelor’s degree (.) or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology Management.
Nice to have:
- CI/CD processes.
- Cloud-based services (AWS is a plus).
- Concurrency and multi-threading.
- Data structures and algorithms.
- Big O notation and performance analysis.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.