Engineer Cloud & Hosting 2nd Line Operations
To provide and operate IT infrastructure services for an international telecom company's Cloud & Hosting customers. Ensure high availability and optimal performance of all aspects of customer’s hosted infrastructure. Constantly improve and optimize existing ways of working and deliver cost efficient services of high quality.
- To deliver technical support for network applications and systems (2nd Line support)
- To provide input for planning, assessment, implementation, rollout and preparation of change requests.
- To execute or manage incident, problem and service requests including implementation of workarounds and changes including timely availability of major incident reports for any priority 1 incident and actively driving the implementation of appropriate counter measures.
- To work with external customers to define requirements, solve technical issues and provide professional services.
- Working to defined service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- To assist in the building of knowledge and skills throughout the team and to work to continuously improve service to customers.
- Managing technical service ramp-up (installation, configuration and coordination of setup tasks) for network platforms
- Delivering operational and technical expertise for feasibility, including delivery of cost estimations for network application operations activities during service lifecycle, to ensure services can be efficiently integrated into the existing network landscape
- Setting and continually managing service expectations with customers, Networks Services /Networks operations and business stakeholders
- Managing long term, sustainable relationships with company’s internal and external sourcing partners to ensure SLA compliance and service improvements for network services according to aligned financial figures.
- Identifying, implementing and continuously monitoring sourcing options for the managed service portfolio and provide input for the Network portfolio management process.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a multinational environment
- English proficiency
- Strong experience in supporting large, complex, heavily virtualised environments using multiple operating systems.
- A minimum of 3 years technical experience in the following technologies: VMware vSphere
- Good scripting skills in Windows or Unix, networking knowledge/ experience in the the following technologies: Cisco UCS, EMC SAN, routing protocols (BGP / OSPF)
- Cisco Layer 2 and 3 Catalyst and/or Nexus Switch.
Desired competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Certified MCP/MCSE/SCSA/ RHCE/ VMWARE or equivalent experience;
- Redhat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5
- Hardware products Cisco UCS, IBM, Dell, HP blade servers
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- F5 BigIP Load Balancers
- Detection and intrusion prevention, WAN optimization
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology
-Excellent opportunities for learning and international exposure;
-Exciting new career in a dynamic, growing organization;
-Professional and friendly working environment;