To provide and operate IT infrastructure services for an international telecom company's Cloud & Hosting customers. Ensure high availability and optimal performance of all aspects of customer’s hosted infrastructure. Constantly improve and optimize existing ways of working and deliver cost efficient services of high quality.
- To perform monitoring and troubleshooting activities for customer services, using available tools. (1st Line Support)
- For some of the solutions delivered, to modify and adapt the software solutions of the equipments for a better performance and customer experience.
- To ensure 24h/24h technical support, to collect information from the clients and monitoring systems and to resolve operational the incidents that appear after using the hardware and software systems.
- To accurately classify, diagnose, and resolve platform and services incidents at first line.
- Notifying customers of service affecting events and alarms. Prepare major incident reports for use by problem and incident management.
- To collaborate with colleagues in technical specialist roles to resolve complex technical incidents.
- Working to defined service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- To assist in the building of knowledge and skills throughout the team and to work to continuously improve service to customers.
- Answer to customer calls from technical representative and ensure a high first-time-right resolution.
- To manage and resolve a high proportion of incidents at first line
- To analyse application defects claimed by the client application or reported by the monitoring system of the hardware and software solutions performance; (tickets in Remedy)
- To modify hardware and software solutions to meet the performance requirements of the customer; (ticket in Remedy, updates in the design document and in the client’s hardware and software solutions)
- To support in documenting specific procedures/ work instructions required for daily activities.
- To produce reports for resolved/ ongoing incidents and for platform capabilitie.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a multinational environment
- English proficiency (B2-C1)
- German proficiency (B2-C1)
- A minimum of 2 years technical experience in the following technologies: IP networking, switching and routing, firewall techniques, application proxies and packet filtering systems.
- A minimum of 2 years technical experience in the following technologies: Enterprise in virtual servers – Unix, Vmware, Microsoft Server O/Sand Active Director
Desired competencies, knowledge and experience :
- CCNA, CCSE, Bluecoat Certified Administrator (BCCA), Professional (BCCP) or equivalent experience;
- Certified MCP/MCSE/SCSA/ RHCE/ VMWARE or equivalent experience;
- Good scripting skills in Windows or Unix, networking knowledge/ experience in the the following technologies: Cisco, Checkpoint, EMC SAN, routing protocols (BGP / OSPF)
- VMWARE ESX
- Redhat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5
- Hardware products Sun, Dell, HP server (Proliant& Blade)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Nokia checkpoint
- Cisco Layer 2 and 3 Catalyst and/or Nexus Switch
- F5 BigIP Load Balancers
- Detection and intrusion prevention, WAN optimization (Ipanema or Cisco WAAS)
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology
-Excellent opportunities for learning and international exposure;
-Exciting new career in a dynamic, growing organization;
-Professional and friendly working environment;