POWERTRACE Embedded Systems
Embedded Lead software engineer
Location: Suceava, RO
· Embedded Lead Software Engineer to supply vacant positions.
· You’ll play a key role in the software design and development of AUTOSAR based high performance powertrain controllers.
· Novelty and new ideas of the applicant as well as owning the capability to draw neat conclusions and recommendations in direct speech with the final product owner are highly appreciated.
· This is a complex job position that involves mastering of some of the most demanding technologies used nowadays in real time embedded systems. The candidate shall possesses at least a University Degree in Computer Science. A MsC or PhD degree is also highly appreciated for this position.
You should have experience or at least worked with the following technologies:
· Higher than 5 years. Preferably higher than 7.
· C99/MISRA C
· Assembler for Infineon Tricore and/or architecture
· Embedded systems
· Real time systems concepts
· Operating systems (OSEK, AUTOSAR OS)
· AUTOSAR , or newer
· Basic knowledge about digital hardware
· Ability to read and understand schematics and PCB layouts
· AMP and SMP Multicore Systems
· Lauterbach debugger tools
An optimal candidate is the person who is able or has the knowledge to perform the following tasks:
· Is able to lead a team of engineers to fulfill project expectations regarding quality for safety-critical systems.
· Has experience as project leader.
· Is able to program using the C99 standard and MISRArules, keeping in mind the following criteria: preemptive system usage, optimization and performance.
· Is able, if needed, to write special hardware specific assembler routines for various architectures using provided appropriate documentation about architecture instruction mnemonics.
· Has been working and has extensive knowledge about embedded systems.
· Has been working with and has knowledge about hard and soft real time systems and the implications to software coding rules to make use of those in providing reliable and robust software.
· Is able to create tasks/alarms associations of alarms to events or alarms to task activations to fulfil the requirements of certain RTE and OS task configurations.
· Has the knowledge about AUTOSAR communication paradigms.
· Is able to implement such paradigms to fulfill data flow requirements between components and various AUTOSAR layers/components.
· Is able to implement CDDs, Application and IO hardware abstraction components.
· Understands the implications of software organization in multicore systems with respect to performance and CPU load.
· Is aware about AUTOSAR regulation about cross core data flow and the underlying implementation mechanisms to make usage of those in fulfilling adequate safety requirements.
· Has been working to provide ISO26262 ASIL D or lower ranked safety goals (this strictly relates to software coding guidelines).
· Is capable of understanding hardware specific documentation about various chips, microcontrollers and evaluation boards.
· Has been working with either AMP or SMP multicore systems.
· Has knowledge and has worked with RISC processor architectures.
· Is able to debug with Lauterbach debuggers some of the following: data trace, program trace, inspect watchpoints, CFT, etc.
· Is capable of implementing a V cycle process in the software development activities.
As a main focus for this job the engineer:
· Leads a team of embedded software engineers to cope with project expected quality and timeline
· Is in charge of OS and various AUTOSAR configurations and integration activities;
· Is in charge of performing in-deep debugging sessions of various errors that may arise due to: OS related problems, kernel problems, bad configurations in RTE, driver functionality, poor and/or un-optimal software implementations, memory, bus traps, etc.;
· Implements various system monitoring software modules;
· As being part of a team in charge of maintaining system related topics, is in charge of building an appropriate knowhow about the used underlying hardware, project specific watchdog mechanisms and processor architectures to make use of those when required by the final customer;
· Handles linker script file modifications in certain cases when such modifications are required;
· Adapts and integrates customer specific software in the project;
· Integrates and configures various AUTOSAR modules;
· Is in charge of customer specific low level software implementation and maintenance.
As a secondary focus for this job the engineer may be responsible for:
· Integration and support of NVM modules, development of bootloaders.
For any additional information about this job position you can contact:
Dr. Ing. Eugen Dodiu