DevOps engineers should be as comfortable working on a project team developing and troubleshooting the application software as they are debugging and troubleshooting environmental issues in development and quality assurance environments. They should be capable of implementing and building tools to enable not only development teams, but automate and enhance the overall operational environment. Experience with integration of build, database management, deployment and release management tools are as essential to the success of the engineer. They will also need to be able to create tools that may not exist to support these processes.
Build, Release Management and Enterprise Software development are the primary skills utilized on a daily basis, but the DevOps Engineer is the front line support and troubleshooting contact and as such must be able to determine how to not only fix the environment, but isolate the issue with the application and engage the appropriate team and track the issue to resolution.
• Day to day software development/Scripting/Coding.
• Analyze and resolve large, complex, high impact product problems in and out of office hours.
• Process evaluation and re-engineering.
• Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
• Manage full system lifecycle including configuration and code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments.
• Measure and optimize system performance. Configure, tune and troubleshoot systems to achieve optimal application performance and stability.
• Support of local operations and development teams in their work on databases, back-end software development, front-end websites, and other mission-critical systems.
• Collaborate effectively with development, testing and management teams in disparate locations.
• Minimum 5 years of overall IT experience
• Minimum 1 year of systems administration or systems engineering experience
• Minimum 1 year SQL programming
• Experience with code deployment and process automation
• Application/Performance testing a plus
• Smart, driven problem solver
• Can effectively communicate with peers, managers and business users
• Knowledge of TeamCity and Octopus are a plus
• Outstanding salary conditions
• 24 vacation days plus all national holidays
• Central location - close to Unirii Square with easy parking solutions
• Working in a friendly environment with a flexible program
• Working with new technologies on interesting enterprise level projects