Middle (2-5 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
Do you want to help build one of the UK’s Hottest FinTech and TravelTech companies. We are looking for an experienced, PHP Developer and Data Analyst to support a remodel of our data structure. Work directly with our CTO and founder to build the foundation for the next stage of our system.
We are a fun, entrepreneurial and passionate business that is looking to disrupt how people pay for their trip to work. Our focus is technology first; we hate manual processes and will automate as much as possible building a robust back-end to support our simple and intuitive front end system. We are backed by industry heavy weights like Peter Jackson (CEO Travelex), Will Becker (founder Totally Money) Anthony Gutman (Co-Head Goldman IBD), Kevin Reynolds (co-founder Brigepoint).
This is a part time project role that could lead to full time offer upon successful completion. The role will be focused on restructuring and improving our transaction data structure to make these processes more efficient and optimised for scale.
You will report directly to our CTO and will take on real ownership to review our data architecture, design a new model and shift our data to the new structure using a combination of PHP and SQL. The role can be remote and you will use Telegram, Skype, Assembla and phone to stay involved with the team and form part of the daily workflow.
*What we are looking for*
We are looking for an experienced developer with experience in data analysis and design:
* Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in transactional technology driven organisation ideally banking, credit orpayments.
* You love working with LAMP / WAMP (Linux, PHP5, MySQL, Apache) and are comfortable writing complex SQLqueries.
* You have a deep understanding of data architecture and use SQL and PHP to manipulate and restructure data.
* You want to get your hands dirty into detailed transactional data and work through non happy path use cases.
* Experience in consuming API (AWS, Stripe, Sendgrid, Twillio and more) as well as supporting our own API
* Experience with SVN environment
* Preferably university-level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics.
* Remote or London based.
* Strong communication skills with working knowledge of English
Above all we want real drive and motivation to solve complex problems and create great code that will be rapidlytested and deployed.
*About our stack*
We have to stay nimble while delivering mission-critical code. To do so we constantly prioritise keeping both our stack and our code base lean.
We build simple, reliable systems on top of technologies we understand and trust. We're primarily built in PHP using MVC principles, and we rely on MySQL and Apache to keep things running.
Our server is cloud hosted using AWS and we operate a robust infrastructure structure environment to ensureminimal down time and high reliability for our transactional system.
The team is lean and we deploy many times a day, supported by a test suite we trust and a culture of code moto is fail fast, fail often and we are always incrementally improving our code and platform.