We are currently seeking a talented IT service engineer to work as part of a successful global organization that is widely recognized as a world expert in the delivery of high quality software solutions to the publishing and media sector.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record in supporting, resourcing and maintaining the services, infrastructure, systems, policies and relationships necessary to support a dynamic and growing global company.
The main activities are acquisition, inventory and maintenance of hardware and all associated physical infrastructure, building security, desktop systems and accounts administration driven by global policies, desktop support and troubleshooting, support for external building maintenance services for local staff and office.
The role offers scope to implement transformation projects across the organization whilst also learning new technologies and bringing new efficiencies to a growing business.
● Setup, update, diagnose and troubleshoot local workstations (Win , OSX, Ubuntu), software and network (Ubiquiti AP and switches)
● Provide end-user desktop support
● Install and update user laptop application software as needed
● Install local and network attached printers and other peripheral devices
● Provide access to local users to 3rd party web applications such as Jira, Confluence, Tempo, Smartsheet, Office 365, Lucidchart, Github, and also provide decommissioning as needed
● Keep user’s contact information up to date in Office 365
● Provides technical support to SysOps engineer in regards with local Network, Telecom and Infrastructure and not only
● Purchase new hardware according to company policies
● Keep the assets inventory information up to date
● Ensure all laptops and devices meet the Company requirements
● Is managing the building security system: access control appliance, building security appliance
● Provides support to external supplier of building maintenance services
● Ensure that issues are managed and resolved in a timely and professional manner
● Assist other office locations with technology based issues as needed
● Get in contact with hardware suppliers/vendors to solve damaged hardware still in warranty
● Participate in collaborative technology team effort
● Take obsolete equipment out of service and record asset disposal using established systems
● Liaise with other IT teams to troubleshoot any current integrated technology issues or in implementing IT projects
● Participate in Secretariat wide initiatives
● Attend meetings and seminars to support the overall direction of the IT office
● Serve as backup for other staff members in a mutually supportive teamwork
environment and respond to system failure and maintenance emergencies.
● Ensure he is up to date with all local 3rd party contacts: ISP, IT suppliers/vendors etc
● Other related duties, as assigned and directed might be requested.
● Work outside regular working hours might be required and scheduled and agreed in advance.
● All requests/issues will be managed within Zendesk ticketing system.
If you have
● 2+ years of related experience in a similar role within a demanding, business critical IT environment.
● Network setup, configuration and troubleshooting (wired and wireless), inter-office connectivity, VPN, WAN and firewalls.
● Proven experience troubleshooting and solving complex issues across Windows 7-10, Mac OSX and Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL/Centos) environments, mostly desktop
● Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft desktop application software including, but not limited to: licensing and compliance per defined policies, deployment and upgrading, features and functionality.
● Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Dell hardware including, but not limited to: model and feature set selection, imaging and deployment, upgrades and enhancements, remote administration tools.
● Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to other hardware including, but not limited to: network fundamentals and troubleshooting, printers and scanners and other PC peripherals, mobile phones, PDA’s, tablets, audio visual equipment.
● Intermediate level knowledge of anti-malware, personal firewalls, and remote access
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on technical, computer related subject matter, ., technical documentation, checklists, company / departmental communications, projects, and detailed and accurate issue descriptions and resolutions.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and handle the demands of multiple constituencies and exhibit strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work.
And maybe even
● Evidence of implementation and support of centralized operational services including systems/data recovery, monitoring, logging, encryption, authentication, antivirus, reporting, provision and updates.
● ITIL certification
● MCSA, Windows Server
● MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator
we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer
A very motivating salary;
Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in Ixxus;
Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come and meet us.