Job Title: Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance Manager/Transport Motor Pool Manager
Job Code: TH-DEVM-0306
Job Location: HKIA (a secure NATO military base), Kabul, Afghanistan
• Maintenance and repair of all airfield equipment, including aircraft ground equipment (AGE), cargo loading equipment, engineering and plant equipment, runway snow and ice removal and refuelling vehicles.
• Repair and maintenance of all Airfield Fire and Rescue Vehicles.
• Maintenance and repair of all contracted vehicles belonging to NATO.
• Service and rectification of NATO armoured SUV’s, air conditioning filling, bodywork and general repair.
• Thorough Inspection (LOLER) and certification of all lifting equipment.
• Distribution of work packages, ensuring maintenance and rectification tasks are completed to the highest standard.
• Prioritising incoming work to ensure serviceability of the equipment fleet.
• Completion of all associated paperwork for tasks carried out including ordering of spares.
• Completion of Risk and COSHH assessments for busy workshop area.
• Supervision and mentoring of Local and Internationally Recruited workers in a workshop environment.
• Ensuring all workers adhere to Health & Safety policy and COSHH.
• Substituting for Workshop Manager when on vacation.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge:
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical and electrical vehicle maintenance
• Evidence of managing a team of mechanics
• Experience working on hydraulics
• Familiar with equipment diagnostics on a variety of equipment
• Must be able to apply good Health, Safety & Environmental/COSHH practices in tasks performed.
• Fluent Written and Spoken English
• Must possess a current & internationally recognized national driving license
• Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or NATO projects/operations.
• Experience working on a variety of other vehicles . Toyota Landcruiser, Ashok Leyland bus, Tata and heavy construction plant equipment, Telehandler
• Experience on airfield ground equipment for example forklifts, loaders, baggage Carts, self-propelling stairs, Ground Power Units
• £2600-£3000 p/m
• All food, accommodation, transport and insurance provided free of charge
• 12+3 leave rotation: 3 weeks leave every 12 weeks spent in theatre
• Open-ended, rolling contract