• Ensures the functionality and performance of the database systems. Provides support and works toward solving incidents/doing current tasks/solving issues and problems with the purpose of ensuring agreed SLA.
• Performs activities related to the design and implementation of new solutions and related activities of software development and ensures database performance. Ensures takeover of activities from the build area for new platforms.
• Develops scripts/programs that help expand the functionalities of IT solutions and automates recurring activities.
• Contributes to fulfillment of performance indicators agreed with service owners.
• Provides Level3, Level2 and Level1 support for Databases and related incidents and problems.
• Develop scripts/programs for extending functionality of IT solutions or for automating recurring activities.
• Works as required by his direct superior in shifts or overtime and performs stand-by.
• Makes technical investigations for performance incidents and examines issues arising in order to determine the causes and provide / propose solutions to solve the identified problems.
• Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that contain databases.
• Optimize the existing solutions by redefining database architecture or by making software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new requirements of the business.
• Ensures operation performance parameters as imposed, integrity and security of databases for IT and telecom applications. Provides support for implementing projects at high quality and efficiency standards.
• Provides active support for transformation programs and other technology refresh programs that are designed to ensure/increase service availability and reduce downtime and increases the quality / performance of these services.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities based on information from tools and automated alerts and notifications.
• Any other business/technical requests received from his direct superior.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience in supporting Databases > 5 years
• Advanced knowledge of office systems and IT equipment (hardware and software)
• Solid documentation capabilities
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines for execution
• Well organized, good at setting priorities and rigorous
• Project management
• Manage multiple requests effectively;
• Focused on obtaining results
• Ability to work in remote and distributed teams
• Customer oriented; ability to positively influence customer experience
• English (written and spoken) - fluent
Required technical/professional knowledge:
• Knowledge of database administration in a production environment, advanced level
• Very good knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database administration
• Advanced knowledge of SQL tuning
• Knowledge of programming in PL/SQL and shell UNIX/Linux
• Knowledge of Oracle RAC technology, Data Guard, Grid/Cloud Control, RMAN, Datapump and so on
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Understanding IT Service Management concepts (ex. ISO20000 standard)
• Good knowledge of the principles SOX
• Good knowledge of general security principles
-Excellent opportunities for learning and international exposure;
-Exciting new career in a dynamic, growing organization;
-Professional and friendly working environment;