Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Huawei Technologies is a leader in providing next generation telecommunications networks for operators around the world. The company is committed to providing innovative and customized products, services and solutions to create long-term value and potential growth for its customers.
This is an exciting time to join a fast growing and ambitious company, operating in a dynamic market like telecommunications.
Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer will provide day-to-day support and subject matter expertise for servers and supporting infrastructure. The technologies include Unix/Linux, SAN Storage, network equipments and Oracle databases.
- Responsible for the 2nd line incidents and problems resolution in the infrastructure domain
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
- Reviewing service related reports (. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with other engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests
- Initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes
- Responsibility for day to day operational activities such as backups, Unix admin, database admin, data dump and preventive maintenance
- Proactively monitor infrastructure systems to prevent failure
- Identify single points of failure and recovery plans
- Work with the IT team to establish a robust Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, and participate in the Disaster Recovery practice
- Support the configuration and set-up of new infrastructure equipments
- Suggest and make improvements to the infrastructure operating environment for performance improvements
- Ensure IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation is up to date
- Bachelor's degree in a Telecommunication / IT / Computer Science/ Engineering / Mathematical discipline or relevant skills or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in database development and support in Oracle DB
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot Oracle DB related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
- Good shell scripting programming
- 2nd line IT support experience, and previous experience in 1st line would be a plus
- Understanding of hardware/software integration issues and problem resolution
- Urge for digging deep to solve problems while keeping the systems running smoothly
- Incident and Problem Management skills: confident in analyzing and solving problems of the network, OS, DB, hardware and software components, incident trend and root cause analysis
- Capacity to identify the risks / single point of failures in the infrastructure and to mitigate them
- Able to provide performance tuning and capacity forecasting
- Awareness of IT security issues as it relates to UNIX administration
- Good in writing documents, manuals, reports and summaries in English
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and Spanish language skills is a plus
- Ability to interact with diverse customers in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong problem solving skills, quick learner and self-motivated team player
- Experience and certified with Oracle is preferred
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification is a plus
What are we offering?
- Competitive compensation package
- International work environment & traveling opportunities
- Professional & career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work as part of an international team with a network of colleagues across the world
- Work on engineering projects and implement Huawei BSS&IT/VAS solutions while gain specialized technical knowledge in order to learn the whole architecture of telecom/IT system
- High exposure to senior mentors and benefit from mentoring relationships
- Receive feedback and coaching, and participate in appraisals and reviews to help meet your career goals
- Meal vouchers / Travel Allowance for those who are working abroad
- Individual Health Plan