Our client is an excellence software development center opened in Bucharest, and a key driver in the technology field, aimed to position our client group as the most agile global trade-credit partner in the industry.
Strategy and technology will be front-runners in order to deliver a full scale and consistent digital transformation that will empower people - representing 70 different nationalities - to provide business global coverage and innovative services to our customers.
With a fast-growing team of more than 80 highly skilled techs (. Java, .NET, PeopleSoft, Oracle), the company will master software development in all its aspect, using advanced and solid technologies, in a casual and agile working environment.
At the client's company, everything we do revolves around people and business capable to provide first class services to our customer. It is the reason why this company invests to foster capabilities and motivation by:
- Attracting talented people;
- Training experts;
- Providing visibility on career prospects;
- Recognizing and rewarding performance;
- Combining diversity and excellence.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about software engineering, familiar with SDLC from preliminary system analysis to test and deployment, is eager to understand business and end-user, and is available for long-term commitment.
You'll be part of a talented software development team, that is an Excellence Software Development Center opened in Bucharest and located in Nusco Tower (Aurel Vlaicu). This position reports directly to the Tech/Team Lead, and mainly interfaces with BA, PM, and QA.
The role of the datawarehouse SQL developer has the following responsibilities:
- The Datawarehouse SQL developer is in charge to implement datawarehouse project;
- Design and engineer of high-performing, mission-critical, and scalable enterprise datawarehouses and datamarts;
- Responsible for ODI and data warehouse design, including build, migration and ETL;
- Configure ETL processes, data mappings & transformations to orchestrate data integrations;
- Understand business processes, data entities, data producers, and data dependencies;
- Develop, manage, and validate existing data models including logical and physical models of the data warehouse and source systems;
- Determine the quality and integrity of data required to meet business needs and work towards resolving the most critical data quality issues;
- Evaluate and improve data quality throughout source systems by implementing data quality safeguards;
- Understanding of data corporate systems, data environments and data tools;
- Write clean, efficient, and testable triggers, procedures, functions, packages;
- Participate in debugging and proposing fixes for issues including query performance issues;
- Conduct POC (proof of concept) to certify a query approach over another;
- Contribute in all phases of SDLC, including bug fixing and data problems investigation;
- Participate in code reviews to ensure the implementation is maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing.
Requirements and Competencies:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- English (Mandatory);
- 2+ years of experience as a PL/SQL developer;
- Proven hands-on experience with PL/SQL, ODI, IBM DataStage, SAP BO, Exadata;
- Highly skills in Data Warehousing and ETL;
- Functional understanding of operational IT processes;
- Strong time management and multi-tasking capability;
- Savvy on Windows and Linux development environments;
- Extensive experience with ER modeling;
- Nice to know: SQL Developer, Caliber RM, Dimensions CM, HP ALM, UML.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication;
- Ability to estimate effort and schedule.
Level of Languages:
English is mandatory for this position; the candidate has to be fluent in written and speaking English.
French is not mandatory but is an advantage.
- Vacation, Gift, and Meal Tickets;
- Personal and Professional Development (Training and Certification);
- Gym Subscription and Medical Insurance (children included);
- Public Transportation Discount;
- Monthly Short Friday;
- Foosball and PS4 console.
Taking over project involves traveling to France at headquarters in Bois - Colombe.