Database Engineer – Full-Time Job in Bucharest
Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
Aktana is looking for a talented Database Engineer to help develop and administer large-scale data integration, data processing, and data analytics database and platform.
- Architect, design, and implement large scale data management and business analytics solutions at a detailed level by applying industry knowledge, best practices, and architectural guidance to ensure system functionality, performance, and cost efficiencies.
- Create packages, procedures, functions, triggers, and views to implement business logics.
- Analyze and understand data sources and end-user requirements to deliver data integration solutions for managing Aktana data.
- Design, build, test, implement, and support ETL/Data Integration solutions that meet defined requirements.
- Formulate and implement monitoring, security, and availability policies, procedures and standards relating to server and storage management.
- Manage database updates to production using SQL scripts or other automation technology.
- Script and/or develop in-depth application and database monitoring tools and recovery mechanisms.
- Background in tuning and optimizing of MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL environments as well as diagnosing and solving performance issues.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields and/or equivalent work experience.
- People and Project Management Skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor heterogeneous engineering teams in complex projects.
- Incredible work ethic that thrives in fast paced, collaborative, dynamic team work environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines.
- Proven ability and desire to deliver projects on time, on quality.
- Able to cope with and thrive in uncertain and changing project requirements.
- Ability to lead technical projects and code at the same time.
- Experience with/understanding of Agile development processes.
- Technology Skills and Experience.
- 2+ years database development and architecture experience in a production environment supporting large data platforms.
- Strong experience of data modeling, schema design, and stored procedures.
- Strong experience on SQL, Procedural SQL including programming and ways to optimize SQL code in one of RDBMS environments.
- 2+ years of ETL Development experience with strong ETL and SQL programming skills (required); MySQL experience (required).
- Experience with ETL (required), Pentaho (preferred), Informatica or similar tools.
- Working experience with both high volume OLTP and high volume batch processing.
- Tuning experience with high volume OLTP and high volume batch processing.
- Strong scripting and automation skills with bash, perl, python, java, or ruby on Linux and Windows environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of RDBMS clusters and replication with one of RDBMS systems: MySQL , SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Extensive experience on system and database monitoring.
- MySQL , SQL Server, or Oracle certification required.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a personal track record of life-long learning.
- Understanding differences in setup/tuning strategy for different OS platforms: especially Linux vs. Windows.
- DNS Services.
- Experience with NoSQL data management and analysis technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Redis, MemcacheD, Redshift.