Database Engineer, Software Development Team
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with over 500 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture where our employees are empowered to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial support diversity within our community and offer the possibility of international assignments for our star performers.
To learn more information about us, please visit our website.
As a Database Engineer you will be part of our Software Architecture sub-team who's main mandate in Sustainalytics is to ensure up to date, industry standard architecture guide lines for our digital products managed by the Software Development Team.
The Database Engineer will help us design and architect complex data structures based on requirements received from the Product Management Teams and ensure data accuracy and availability.
- Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading – use specialized tools such as Pentaho Spoon to create and manage complex ETL processes;
- Specialized Data Handling – working with both SQL and noSQL databases such as Apache HBase, MongoDB and PostgreSQL;
- Database Backup and Recovery – ensure our backup and recovery policies and procedures are up to date on the Azure and AWS Clouds;
- Database Security – implement and assure database security best practices when accessing data hosted by our cloud providers;
- Database Performance Monitoring, Database Tuning and Capacity Planning – monitor the health status of our databases and plan for upgrades according to the requirements received by the Product Managers or the Chief Software Architect;
- Troubleshooting – help the Sustainalytics team members from different departments troubleshoot issues relating to data;
- Data integration – ensure that systems created by other teams integrate properly and respect the requirements defined by the architecture team.
- Solid knowledge of SQL database environments (MSSQL, mySQL and PostreSQL);
- Exposure to noSQL database environments (MongoDB, HBase, Redis);
- Familiar with up to date industry standards for Database Design, Data Maintenance and Security;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission vision and values;
- Competitive compensation package;
- A generous training budget at your disposal for your professional development (certifications, conferences, trainings);
- Excellent medical benefits;
- Partial reimbursement of gym subscription;
- Partial reimbursement for public transportation;
- Bonus based on your performance;
- Interesting career development options in a very innovative market;
- Dynamic, professional, flexible and friendly work environment with close collaboration with international teams;
- New and modern fitted office in a very central area.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEWING PROCESS
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities, upon request.