Detalii loc de munca
Database Administrator (remote)
* toate limbile sunt obligatorii
Getting to know us
At Atos, we are striving to build the firm of the future by bringing together people, technology and business. Every single day we power progress for our clients and partners, the wider community and ourselves. It is our unique approach that makes this possible.
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with approximately-employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of around € 12 billion. The European number one in Big Data, Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing and Digital Workplace, The Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry.
With its ground breaking technologies, digital expertise and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline. Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
For more information and to see our current vacancies, access also the Career section from our website
What are your tasks?
- monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
What do you bring with you?
- Analytical skills: DBAs must monitor the database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
- Communication skills: Most DBAs work on teams and must communicate effectively with managers, developers, and other workers.
- Detail-oriented: Working with a database requires the administrator to have an understanding of complex systems, and how a minor error can cause major problems. For example, if customer credit card information gets mixed up, it can cause people to be charged for purchases they didn’t make.
- Problem-solving skills: When problems come up, administrators must troubleshoot them and resolve the problems
What will you find at Atos?
We are a company passionate about employee happiness as well as company growth. Atos offers not only a meaningful and exciting workplace, but also a rewarding work experience, with competitive pay and benefits packages.
We provide our employees with:
- Training and certifications: Ongoing In-depth training with current and emerging products and technologies.
- Flexible benefits: Medical program, Sports benefits, Lunch vouchers, Mobile phone, Laptop.
We care about our employees personal happiness through:
- Compensation: Competitive salary package and relocation bonus for future employees outside of the West Area;
- Extra vacation days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.