Data Engineer (Big Data Team)
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
Recrutez candidati dispusi sa se relocheze
We’re looking for a smart and passionate Data Engineer to join our Big Data team in the Business Intelligence department.
Your role will be to develop and deliver projects that process data to extract useful information for business managers. You will have to leverage modern data processing technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Cassandra to process volumes of data too large for any single server to handle. The information will be used by the company’s decision makers, both human and artificial, to improve the user’s experience with the largest e-commerce marketplace in Eastern Europe.
- Work with Business Analysts and Product Owner to understand business requirements for data products;
- Identify sources, develop and maintain processes supporting the acquisition of data in the Big Data Cluster;
- Develop and maintain data processing jobs using the Scala programming language, using the Spark framework that transform data based on business needs;
- Optimize and improve the execution speed based on the framework’s particularities;
- Identify and investigate new technologies that can be added to the cluster to improve functionality or performance.;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience;
- 6 months - 2 years of experience with Java or Scala;
- Experience with SQL based languages;
- Constant learner;
- Curious nature, a wish to understand the details;
- Creative problem solver;
- Enthusiastic about data and processing large volumes of it;
- Focuses on the product not on tools and methodologies.
Will be a plus:
- Experience working with distributed systems;
- Experience working with ETL tools (NiFi Streamsets);
- Understanding of Statistics;
- Understanding of performance analysis;
- Experience with R and Python (DS libraries);
- Cloud Computing Infrastructure (AWS, Azure);
- Experience with both FP and OOP.
At eMAG, we are constantly moving forward and we love what we do. If you are passionate about your job, whether it’s offering consultancy to a customer or writing a code line, and you aim high, then you belong with us, the No. 1 IT company to work for in Romania (according to a Biz Magazine study inWe provide you with the best development programs to improve both your soft and job specific skills, but it is you who decides what you want to learn and where you want to go. The possibilities are endless. We know benefits are important, that’s why we provide you with a full range of them. And because we like to share, at the beginning of you journey in eMAG we offer you a free course of e-commerce, just to put you up to speed.
- We know benefits are important, that’s why we provide you with a full range of them:
- Company sponsored tech talks;
- A monthly budget you can spend on flexible benefits - meal tickets, travel vouchers, trainings for your development;
- Employee Discounts;
- Medical subscription;
- Company sponsored trainings and certificates;
- Access to the Bookster library;
- Other discounts (gym, pizza, car wash and others).