Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
MindGeek, a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties, and a leader in its activity sector is searching for a Data Engineer.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimizing our data flows and data collection infrastructure. You will also design, build and maintain automated decision engines in collaboration with the Data Science team. We expect you to have a solid training in computer science and software development and an understanding of common data structures and algorithms used in Big Data workflows (either real-time or batch). You will work closely with technical and business teams to find innovative approaches to the various data processing challenges that our organization faces.
You will work on various systems like content recommendation engines, anomaly detection, computer vision frameworks, large scale statistical systems, and much more.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline of data sources
- Take R&D projects and convert them into production level products
- Experience in operationalizing bespoke algorithms and statistical models
- Create tools and decision engines in collaboration with the data science team
- Provide expert advice and assistance to other teams in the company
- Master of Science in Computer Science or any other quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge of common big data systems (Samza, Kafka, Hive, Yarn, etc.)
- Experience in extending big data system through custom user defined functions (ex.: Hive’s UDF)
- Familiarity with database environments and functional knowledge of SQL
- Strong programming ability in Python, Java or similar high-level languages
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
- Interest and Experience in Machine Learning and Optimization processes
- Experience in working in R&D environments or academic settings
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with Python frameworks (Flask, Celery, etc.)
- Experience with Web Development
- Experience with Caching systems (ex.: Redis)
- Experience with Message Queues (ex.: RabbitMQ, 0MQ, etc.)
- Experience with Databases systems (Vertica, Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Basic experience with lower-language such as C/C++, Go, etc.
- Experience with AWS and other cloud providers
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you are up for the challenge of a lifetime!