Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You will be part of a young and dynamic organization together with network and service engineers.
As an OMS Core Voice Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality of service on Core Network associated to mobile or fix infrastructure within a Business Unit.
You will also ensure that incident and change management processes are well performed within the agreed targets.
Who you are:
• You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
• You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
• You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammate
What you will be doing:
• Ensures the network performance analysis are carried out and initiates the resolutions of the analysis.
• Configure, test and maintain core network equipment and related service
• Identify, diagnose and resolving network problems
• Working with Operational skill center experts and vendors for advanced troubleshooting.
• Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
• Perform preventive actions and systems performance tuning
• Accountable for standard operations and administration of core network infrastructure and services
• Understanding affiliate network design and using the provided information in solving network issues
• Follow-up and raise tickets towards Nokia CARE support.
• Implement standard configuration and hardware changes in the production environment
• Development of own monitoring tools, scripts for automation, etc…
What are we looking for:
• Bachelor/Master of science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
• Excellent experience in Core Network with more focus in IMS/VoLTE technologies
• Experience in subset or at least one of the products like NTAS,CFX/ISC,MGC-8,MGW,STP/NSS Firewall,UT-Proxy,SMSC,MMSC,Voicemail
• Experience in virtualization, preferable of Nokia vendors
• Excellent experience in R4 Network with more focus in Core Network and Subscriber Data Management
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues
• Ability to do OnCall activities
• Ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders, and provide technical solutions
• Presentation & communication Skills
• Support Network Operations
• Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to have:
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on IMS Core elements ( P/I/S/E - CSCF/CFX, SBC, NTAS, MRF, Ut Proxy,STP,NSS Firewall)
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on VAS elements (SMSC,MMSC,Voicemail)
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on SS#7 Protocols & Interfaces like (MTP3,SCCP,ISUP,MAP,Camel)
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on SIP & RTP Protocols
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on Diameter Protocol & Interfaces like (CX,RX,SH,GX,RF,RO)
• Advanced troubleshooting skills in Unix/Linux
• Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (CBIS, CBAM)
What does Nokia offer you?