Orange Services is looking for a colleague in its Romanian team to contribute and operate successfully EPC platforms.
You will be part of a young and dynamic organization together with network and service engineers, database, network and security experts, service and project managers.
As a Core Network Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality of service on Evolved Packet Core Networking associated to mobile or fix infrastructure within a Business Unit.
You will also ensure that incident and change management processes are well performed within the agreed targets.
Who you are:
• You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
• You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
• You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammates
What you will be doing:
• Configure, test and maintain core network equipment and related service
• Identify, diagnose and resolving network problems
• Working with Operational skill center experts and vendors for advanced troubleshooting.
• Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
• Perform preventive actions and systems performance tuning
• Accountable for standard operations and administration of core network infrastructure and services
• Understanding affiliate network design and using the provided information in solving network issues
• Implement standard configuration and hardware changes in the production environment
• Development of own monitoring tools, scripts for automation, etc…
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor/Master of science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
• Excellent experience in Packet Core Network, preferable of Ericsson Packet Core
• Experience in virtualization, preferable of Ericsson Packet Core
• Advanced troubleshooting skills on EPC platforms
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Spanish communication skills will be a plus
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues
• Ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders, and provide technical solutions
• Presentation & communication Skills
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of cloud orchestration related technologies . Openstack, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Rocket, LXC, Kuryr, etc.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies . application development on VMWARE, Openstack
• Knowledge of network applications such as: vEPC and other VNFs
• Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) . OpenStack, Openflow, and OpenDaylight
• English - fluent
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work in a challenging environment;
• Great work atmosphere;
• Lunch tickets;
• Special subscription for sports and recreational activities;
• Medical plan subscription;
• Life insurance;
• Flexible working time;
• Technical & Soft skill trainings;
• Professional and private phone subscriptions
Thank you for applying!