Provides support to the Global and/or Regional Service Center team to enable the administration of government, international, and commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Responsible for tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, maintaining associated documentation, advising on contract risk and issues, and other duties as may be assigned.
The Contract Specialist may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the contract).
- Identifies contract issues and proposes solutions;
- Independently works at smaller engagements or works within team at a large, complex engagement; may work within a service center administrative function;
- Independently applies the contracting tools and techniques to assigned projects;
- Supports training activities for Contract Management/Contracting personnel;
- Provides support to negotiations as may be required and participates in negotiation preparation and taking accurate minutes of negotiations;
- Undertake contract drafting to a reasonable standard with limited supervisor input (to be confirmed by supervisor and Transaction/Complex Contracting as appropriate);
- Analyses and interprets the contract in relation to requests for advice and make recommendations for supervisor approval; opinion sought by operational team or supervisor;
- Provide quality and timely advice as verified by supervisor;
- Maintain contract / subcontract compliance in line with Accenture policies and procedures and work with team to resolve issues and escalate to supervisor where appropriate;
- Correctly and effectively apply Contracting processes, tools and techniques;
- Generate reports required to monitor contract compliance (to the quality, format and timescales agreed with CM supervisor);
- Actively identify risks and issues without prompting and present well considered solutions to supervisor;
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are compliant with company preferred position and issues resolved. If the contract is not complied with or issues are not resolved they must be promptly escalated to their line manager;
- Where required, effectively supervise;
- Actively participate in local/regional Contracting activities and support training activities for Contracting personnel.
- University degree in law. Combination with business or commercial degree is an advantage;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the contract management/procurement/legal field;
- Availability to travel - Travel as required. Trainings provided abroad;
- Fluency in English, including legal English;
- Fluency in Italian;
- Demonstrates a developing understanding of the key commercial levers and identifies opportunities to apply them in a day-to-day context;
- Demonstrates a basic working knowledge of the key elements of the deal finances;
- Capable of working independently on smaller engagements or as part of a team on a large deal;
- Demonstrates credibility and ability to utilize established relationships; may interface with client procurement personnel
- Output driven; looks for opportunities to add value and to develop expertise;
- Ability to apply good business judgement; exhibits a developed working knowledge of Contracting function outside of allocated responsibilities
- Developed organizational skills; able to set priorities and effectively manage multiple demands;
- Successfully demonstrates ability to resolve contract and pricing issues;
- Remains composed in stressful situations and consistently performs role in a professional manner;
- Ability to work under high pressure, effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations;
- Knowledge of corporate business practice, contracting regulations & principles, subcontracting practices and finance/accounting principles;
- Detail-oriented, organized and flexible;
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Interviu online
- Please rate your Italian skills on a scale from 0 to 3, where 0=N/A, 1=Basic, 2=Conversational, 3=Fluent.
- What are your salary expectations for this role (in RON net)?