FaceRig is a program enabling anyone with a webcam to instantly embody fantastic characters. The output can be streamed to Skype, Twitch or any service that uses a webcam. It can also be instantly recorded as a movie. Learn more about us on facerig[dot]com
We are currently looking for ambitious 3D artists who want to join us in our attempt to spark creativity worldwide.
- Using principles of art and graphic design, responsibilities include creation and design characters and color schemes of assets production from concept to completion based on ideas presented by art directors and development teams.
- Sculpting high-resolution character models in Zbrush
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology, UV's, and textures
- Collaborating with animators to create characters that can move and perform realistically
- Collaborating with concept artists to revise and improve character designs
- Sculpt and model compelling, 3D characters, according to the game style and art direction.
- Texture the characters and character assets
- Create convincing materials, reflecting the art direction of the project
- Think creatively, and search for relevant references from various sources, to solve daily artistic challenges
Skills and experience:
- An effective communicator and a great listener.
- Bachelor's degree in related disciplines (Computer Science, Fine Arts or Art History) or equivalent level of experience.
- Coursework in anatomy and zoology is appreciated; studying the human form and that of animals can give the artist an enhanced ability to create lifelike models.
- Skinning and animation skills.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- The desire to achieve personal excellence in this field and responsibility of the quality of delivered assets.
- Manage own time and work efficiently within production deadlines;
- In depth knowledge of a wide variety of games ("Gamer culture").Alternately, a particularly strong visual culture related to modern media (Television, Cinematography, Graphic Novels) can compensate for an underdeveloped “Gamer culture”.
- Portfolio would be appreciated.
What we offer:
- Great colleagues, friends and excellent professionals.
- Motivating salary & bonuses.
- Health insurance.
- Fun relaxation room with console games.
- Opportunity to work on products with excellent worldwide visibility.
- Open, informal and fun atmosphere (occasional pizza & board games parties).
- Access to leading-edge technologies.