We are looking for a Communication and Programme Officer with a genuine interest in making a difference. We seek pro-active, flexible, solution-oriented team player with an analytical mind and eyes both for details and the big picture. This is a full-time position (8 hours/day) and is offered on a temporary basis of a duration until April 30th 2022 (substituting a colleague on maternity leave).
Starting date: As soon as possible, June 1st, at the latest.
Role and responsibilities:
The Communication and Programme Officer will play a key role strengthening Innovation Norway’s capacity for operating the above-mentioned Programmes. While about half of your time will be spent on project assessment and monitoring activities, the other half will be about mobilising applicants and communicating relevant project results.
Your areas of responsibility will be:
Communication tasks [50%]:
- Liaison with the head office in Oslo, national partners and international partners from the donor countries within communication
- Follow-up on planned communication activities at programme level,
- Actively promote the programmes and their results on our website, social media and other channels in Romania incl. press
- Development and follow-up programme communication plans and annual bilateral activity plans
- Provide guidance and follow up to Project Promoters and Partners on the implementation of the Communication Guidelines set for the Programmes
- Reporting on bilateral and communication activities including visualising data, analysis and statistics
- administrative tasks to secure documentation of (communication) activities in Innovation Norway’s IT systems.
Programme related / technical tasks [50 %]:
- assess project applications from administrative, technical and financial point of view
- prepare and execute specific tasks in the contracting phase (on-site visits to short-listed candidates, prepare grant contracts, check the fulfilment of pre-contracting conditions)
- monitor projects and check the fulfillment of reporting obligations by grant beneficiaries
- execute some basic financial analysis (interim progress and eligibility review) and handle payment claims
- prepare documentation and control activities
- provide specific expertise in meetings, seminars, conferences that will be organized within the Programmes
Required qualifications for position:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (. social sciences, marketing, economics, engineering etc.)
- Professional ability of storytelling and PR in a clear and simple manner
- Professional use of social media, good knowledge of mass-media environment and networks in Romania
- Several years of experience in the field of grant management (. management of EU/IFI/other bilateral funds) will be a strong asset
- Knowledge/experience from the energy or industrial sector and/or industrial / energy policies and regulations, as well as basic knowledge about European state aid rules will be a strong asset
- Alternatively, a strong curiosity for and excellent ability to dive into and understand unknown and complex technical issues and contexts quickly
- Attention to detail and information accuracy
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and to make wholistic, balanced assessments within the area of responsibility
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and manage his/her responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Excellent reporting- and cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent technical English as well as Romanian mother tongue
- Availability to travel throughout Romania and abroad
- Good IT skills.
The working language is English.
- Dynamic work environment in a Norwegian entity with focus on European cooperation
- Support from an experienced and enthusiastic international team
- Attractive salary and motivation package.
Are you interested?
If you think that you meet the criteria above, we would like to hear from you.
This is a local position with local employment terms and conditions.
Contact person: Frauke Muth, email: frmut -at- innovasjonnorge. no phone:
How to apply:
Applications must include a CV in English and a cover letter explaining suitability for, and interest in, the job. Only applications received electronically through the link below will be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: April 30th, 12:00 hours, Romanian time.