Commodity Buyer with English and French
Middle (2-5 ani), Entry (0-2 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
We are looking for analytical and dynamic professionals with excellent interpersonal skills in the role of Commodity Buyers to join The Purchasing Division of Renault Group for both offices in Bucharest!
In the role as Commodity Buyer you will be in charge with purchasing goods and merchandise for the company, by analyzing buying trends, establishing relationships with suppliers and negotiating prices, in order to attain the overall objectives of best product quality, competitive cost, flexibility and assurance of supply.
How to be a successful buyer at Renault?
To be a successful buyer you need 3 important things :
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE, in Finance, Operations/Supply Chain Management or a technical discipline is preferred. Why? Because you need a strong business acumen, numerical intelligence and technical orientation in order to understand automotive industry, (market trends, challenges, competitors and suppliers) from a “big picture” perspective. Actually it’s easy to see why you need to be good with numbers: your main goal is to obtain the goods our company needs for the best price. You need to analyze variables like quality, price and shipping to determine the best deal.
- EXPERIENCE in industrial environment or in purchasing department of minimum 3 years. Why? Because your prior experience in automotive industry or in similar roles puts you from start in a stronger position to negotiate with suppliers and understand how upcoming trends will affect our company’s brand. Besides, your existing experience will give you an instant leg up on the others, in other words, a “competitive advantage”. One key competence acquired during such an experience is an analytical mindset. Because your analytical duties include forecasting sales levels, analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends. Expertise in using MS office mainly excel and power point will also help you in your daily activities.
- SOFT SKILLS. Because is it not all about numbers. A successful buyer at Renault will use the following skills as he/she completes everyday tasks:
- Critical thinking
- Listening to customers
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Building rapport with suppliers
- This means that interpersonal skills play a significant role, too. Building and maintaining relationships with vendors is one of the best ways our buyers can score significant savings for our company. Your relational tasks include getting feedback from customers, growing relationships with suppliers and being up to date with the relevant news in the industry.
- You also need a global mind-set and some experience or flexibility in working with people from cross culture.
- English and French is a must.
To sum up: communication and networking, enforced by relevant studies and experience are the key for success. While passion for automotive industry is a magic ingredient that adds flavor and excellence in all what you do.
What are some essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Commodity Buyer at Renault?
- Participate at the global processes for developing new products, selecting suppliers and ensuring negotiating in order to optimize the contractual purchasing conditions
- Builds up the complete vehicle product offer in collaboration with buyers from other divisions
- Identify, attract and propose new sources of supply, make recommendations regarding additions/deletions to the Approved Supplier List
- Cultivate strong relationships with key suppliers
- Bring initiatives to improve internal and external supply chain processes
- Engage the Quality Department to evaluate and communicate supplier performance
- Negotiate Long Term Supply Agreements
- Investigate problems, completes root cause analysis, and assists in developing solutions for supply chain problems
- Ensure consistent reports towards other departments involved in supply chain.
- Ensures company supplies are maintained at an adequate inventory and reacts quickly to emergency situations
- Enforce and uphold the Company’s ethics policy regarding conflicts of interest, gifts, entertainment, illegal practices, bribes and gratuities
- Maintains a commitment to the company’s quality and vision statements.