CLOUD ENGINEER / DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST
Seeking a highly self-motivated hands on individual with broad technical experience and the ability / willingness to learnwhat they don’t know to support and maintain a large global environment.
Candidate must be able to solve complex technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations,proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Hands on experience with a wide variety of technologies is ideal but candidates with in-depth experience in oneor two areas such as Weblogic, Oracle Database / SQL, Networking / Firewalls or UnixAdministrationwith a strong interest andability to learn the others are invited and welcome to apply.
Strong customer focus and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people from end users throughsenior management.
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years hands on experience with a variety of technologies.
The candidate must be comfortable with at least one of the areas andwillingness to learn the others - Advanced Database / Advanced Middle Tier /Advanced Unix Administration.
This will include installation, debugging, trouble shooting, performance tuning, patching, upgrading and on-goingsupport for all areas.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications and additional experience will beconsidered).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ideally the candidate will have a strong working knowledge of several areas and the willingness to learn what theydon’t know such as:
* Database Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Oracle 11g / 12c) / MS SQL
* Mid-tier Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Weblogic)
* Linux Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (preferably Oracle Linux, CentOS orRedhat)
* Programming / Scripting (bash / sh shell scripting required, SQL, Ruby, csh, ksh, Perl, php, Python, alldesirable)
* Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack . OBIEE,Endeca, ODI, etc.
* Networking Switches / Routers / Firewalls
* Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
* Virtualization technologies deployment and support (OVM, OCI)
* OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure support
* Microsoft Windows server
* Microsoft SQL server
* Fluent in English (Mandatory: excellent spoken and written skills)
* Mentoring and Leadership skills
* Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems
* Familiar with support services, escalation management, customer relationship management solutions (ITticketing systems)
* Be part of a 24x7x365 team possibly including on-call and weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)