We are seeking a C++/JS developer capable of building features in and around the complex Chromium codebase to join our browser team in Iasi for our contractor - Avast Software.
C++ is the de facto language of this project, so experience in this language is key. We are building a Chromium-based security and privacy browser focused on providing our users with an intuitive interface for security and privacy control.
Your primary responsibility will be to customize and extend our Chromium based browser and to port the application to other operating including macOS and Android. You will be required to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different aspects of our custom browser security features, extensions and plugins. Our goal is to provide our users with a cross-platform browsing experience, with greater control over their security and privacy preferences and to provide access to the most important browser features that protect them online.
We are looking for a pro-active developer with a passion for writing efficient code and learning new technologies and best-practices, so if you are a bright, motivated engineer who enjoys working on interesting and challenging problems we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate should have startup experience and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
● Bachelor / Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● 5+ years experience C++ application development expertise
● Strong proficiency in C++ with good knowledge of the language specification
● Extension development for major browsers (. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
● Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
● Knowledge of the desktop Chromium codebase
● Experience with other browser frameworks (WebKit, Blink, Gecko, etc.)
● Experiencing utilising Python SCons software construction tool
● Experience designing user experience flows for desktop & mobile browsers
● Familiarity with continuous integration and the Jenkins automation server.
● Good understanding of Windows threads and processes
● Good understanding of COM and automation
● Familiar with lower level Windows GUI and message loops
● Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions
● Understanding of static polymorphism (templates and generic programming)
● Knowledge of low level threading primitives and real time environments
● Keen to participate in architectural design and development planning sessions
What we offer:
● The chance to work with people within a major global tech company
● Opportunities for professional growth
● Truly international work environment
● Offices in central Iasi - Palas UBC, Romania
● 24 days of holiday per year
Sound like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!