Chief Software Architect ($100K/year) - Remote
Senior (5-10 ani)
Salariu brut pe luna
7300 - 7320
As a Chief Software Architect, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as faster, easier, code cleanup, feature, or auto unit test team. You may also be in the role of a product Chief Architect, responsible for a product’s quality and weekly release.
If you are working in thecode cleanup team you have a great responsibility toincrease the quality of the code of existing products. You will do this by identifying anti-patterns and solving them, implementing microservices, and ensuringproducts follow SOLID coding principles.
In the auto unit test team you will generate unit tests using automation. As part of this team you can expect to build, extend, and introduce new tools to improve automated test generation. One of the roles of a Chief Architect within the bulk unit test team is to find patterns that can be applied to any coding project.
As a member of the easier team you will be assisting in the rebuild ofthe user interface of legacy products to a standard tech stack. This means you will build new screens with a modern UI and enhanced usability. You will also create the REST API layer required to connect the new UI with the product legacy backend and business logic. You will also be required to deliver UI unit tests, REST API unit tests and integration tests, and functional browser compatibility testing.
Chief Software Architects will have daily and weekly targets to work against. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the engineers immediately without having to ask for a rework.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products
- Architecting and leading technical delivery of one or more products and match the needs of the target customer base
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Mentor architects and engineers to deliver high quality of code
- Deliver a consistently high-quality product which has a high “First Time Acceptance Rate” from the engineering leadership.
- Comply with Chief Architecture process playbooks
- Working a standard 40-hr week and mostly Monday to Friday
- Keep up to date with the latest software engineeringtrends
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer in C#.net, Java, C++ or front end technologies such as AngularJs or React
- 1+ years of experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests using google test, google mock, nunit, or junit
- Proven experience with performing code reviews and/or mentoring sessions (has dedicated a minimum of 25% of monthly time on this activity)
- At least 1 year of working experience using cloud technologies
- 6+ months of experience using Jira and Github
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies
- An excellent understanding of design patterns
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- Good proficiency in the English language
Nice to have:
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Has worked with back-end technologies and latest development frameworks