Chief Engineer (Software)
A raspuns la 90% din aplicari in ultimele 30 de zile, in maximum 72 de ore
Senior (5-10 ani), Executive (>10 ani)
Recrutez candidati dispusi sa se relocheze
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Chief Engineer to join our organization. The role of the Chief Engineer is to provide engineering leadership and act as a technical authority for the NuGenesis program's 3 agile teams in order to drive on-time delivery of a highly complex legacy application product suite using state of the art engineering practice and process.
This role will be the lead authority for the program on engineering practice and process covering, but not limited to, code management; programming process and practice; design practice; maintaining documentation standards; application of testing tools and techniques.
- Act as technical authority for the entire NuGenesis product line and represent the engineering function in the NuGenesis Program Team.
- Through exceptional leadership of software engineering to drive product delivery ensuring world class engineering practice is defined and deployed.
- To act as a mentor to other team members on good engineering practice across all levels of technical expertise.
- To demonstrate significant judgement in technical matters and support others to implement long-term solutions to highly complex problems.
- Ability to solve challenges of a highly complex critical problems in real time
- Collaborate with IT and Quality to ensure tools and process are aligned to support product delivery.
- Identify opportunities for improved productivity across multiple teams including helping the Project Management Office and Product Owner team drive new practices .
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Architect so the architectural vision can be executed
- Ensure system level engineering deliverables are managed in alignment with the PMO’s plans
- Representing the Software Development engineering team in systems engineering discussions
- Ensure software verification strategy is aligned with product delivery leading the test strategists
- Ensure Systems evaluation needs are met for the releases by coordinating with the systems Evaluation Team
- To carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures
Solution Selection – ability to drive to the selection of engineering solutions which best match the needs of the overall system.
- Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in competitive advantage or improved ways of working.
- Work with engineering managers so that engineering practice, delivery objectives and targets are understood across the engineering team.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers on skills gaps and needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technically related discipline.
At least 15 years proven development experience in software engineering, including at least 10 years in a leadership role with international teams.
- Experienced leader; authoritative and credible at senior levels.
- Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies.
- Experience with object oriented production code in commonly used languages (such as Java, C++, C#, Python).
- Experience with global technology implementation efforts.
- Experience with software quality assurance and testing.
- Experience delivering large, multi-year projects on time.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Extensive technical expertise in multiple areas of software engineering, including cloud, web applications and enterprise applications.
- Extensive knowledge of applications and/or use of general analytical based systems including LC and LC/MS based technologies is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a creative manner.
- Ability to work under own guidance.
- Commercial awareness to understand the need to balance capability, cost and timescales.
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions.
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others.
- Experience hiring and developing engineers.
- Experience simplifying both processes and technical implementations.
- Passion for insisting on high standards (to the point that most other people would think they are being unreasonable).
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- A good negotiator with the gravitas to influence and create harmony in an engineering context.
- Cultural awareness to network with people globally.
Waters Employees strive to exhibit the following behaviors:
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Carries a broad global perspective of markets, tech, and trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- Actively creates the conditions for Waters’ people and teams to succeed