Job title: Chief Accountant / Transaction Processing Manager
Alternative job title:
Job location: Bucharest, RO
Experience requirements: Mid-career
Workfield requirements: Accounting
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Sector: Research & Development
Locations: Romania - Bucuresti-Ilfov
- Responsible for monthly accounts reconciliation and coordinates monthly accounts closing to ensure accuracy of GL accounts, general expenses, company’s income, intercompany balances and other financial information, both in local currency and foreign currencies;
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations; full responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, and control of the accounting records;
- Prepare and book GL journals ex. payroll journals, expense claims, bank transactions, depreciation, monthly revaluation, accruals for IFRS purposes as per budget and ensure timely closing of accounts;
- Reconcile sales and purchase journals with accounts to ensure each operation is properly considered for VAT calculation and prepares the VAT statements;
- Complete all statutory statements monthly/quarterly/annual pack, Income statement, Balance Sheet, Corporation Tax;
- Directly involved in annual inventory of accounts, centralizing supportive documentation to confirm balances, checking and reconciling balances of synthetic and analytic accounts, suppliers, customers, tax authorities and other related or third parties to ensure their accuracy; within this scope makes physical controls over company’s assets (cash, fixed assets, inventories and materials, others);
- Coordinating/monitoring the accounting process for different transactions according to local and group accounting regulations IFRS;
- Monthly management reporting to Kantar Group and reconciliation IFRS vs statutory for P&L and BS statements;
- Internal controls implementation, ensuring alignment of local processes with the controls set and group policies
- Understanding Budget process to be able to support and backup dedicated colleagues when needed and explain the variances results vs Budget
- Prepare all statistics reports required by INS and NBR reporting;
- Collaborates with tax authorities and company auditors;
- Manage working capital performance: accrued and deferred revenues, billing, aged debt profiles, trade creditors;
- Vendor master data maintenance;
- Managing a small team of 1-2 Transaction Processing persons
If this sounds like a match to you, apply now and join us!We are looking forward to welcome you to our new office. Besides of company benefits, you will also have a flexibility to work from home and office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What are we looking for?
- Good level of English (written & verbal, able to have interview in English);
- University graduate, Economics/Accounting degree
- Solid knowledge of statutory accounting and local Tax laws/regulations;
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position;
- Good level of use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Certified accountant – CECCAR preferred considered a plus.
- People management skills;
- Able to adapt quickly and to work in a dynamic, fast pacing environment;
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
- Problem-solving abilities & analytical skills, ability to deal with complexity;
- Client orientation
At Kantar, we’re passionate about helping clients grow great brands. We’re experts in advertising, marketing communications, media, digital and brand equity research, and we work with 90% of the world’s leading brands.
We are looking for a dynamic and flexible team player to join our Finance team as a Chief Accountant. If you are a highly motivated professional, passionate about accounting, willing to act and to achieve results, we are looking for you! As Chief Accountant you will also have a line management responsibility, but we mainly look for someone who likes to have a variety of hands-on tasks just as described below.