About the job
How would you like to work in one of the most stable industry of the moment, while being part of an awesome company? Join the Vodafone spirit!
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best.
Who You Are…
You are leading and managing the digital engineering organization with focus on all front-end developments done both on web and native applications
Damn good programmer that enjoys helping and grow other team members that’s living and breathing Digital waves through distributed systems.
Your code should be spotless, to run efficiently, and to be understandable by your peers.
You thrive working in a digital team, spread among squads and driven by Agile, finding better ways to solve the unique problems that come with high traffic systems.
As part of the team you will:
- Lead and manage the digital engineering Front-End organization;
- Be is responsible for recruiting, maintaining and growing appropriate software engineering (Front-End Developers) capacity and competencies to enable the target business outcomes within schedule and within budget;
- This role is responsible for defining, establishing, and maintaining engineering and release quality and performance standards and procedures across the Front-end delivery organization;
- Establish an Engineering culture of passion for innovation and relentless improvement to the digital engineering organization;
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods;
- Take part in an agile development process with iterative releases;
- Build customer-facing UIs;
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.);
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Understanding and applying fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Comfortable with working with both internally hosted infrastructures, but also with cloud based solutions.
You are a great fit if you:
- Have 7 or more years of experience in software engineering (Front End) preferably in building and managing software factories
- Have at least 2 years in coordinating awesome development teams
- Have extensive experience in establishing agile principles and processes within large engineering organizations
- Have professional experience and knowledge of digital and Telecommunications industries - strongly preferred.
- Are familiar with ;
- Have in depth knowledge of ;
- Have experience consuming RESTful services.
Sounds challenging? We have some extra benefits for you:
- Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose (in Romania) couple of days per week;
- Dedicated employee phone subscription;
- Annual Company Bonus;
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel;
- Meal Tickets;
- Private Health Insurance;
- Private Life Insurance.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
After you apply, if your profile fits our needs, we will contact you shortly for an online interview.
We are currently conducting our recruitment processes online, which means that your interviews will be done from the safety of your home.