The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
What Will You Be Doing Every Day?
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;ct as Regulatory technical expert supporting Industrial Fire projects, especially for VE/CE team. Interpret applicable product standard requirements (. EN, VdS, BRE, AFNOR), develop and plan regulatory pre-compliance and compliance tests, and advise engineering teams on product design strategies to ensure compliance. Product design areas include mechanical design, electrical design, and software design/functionality.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;erform Root Cause and Corrective Action on potential pre-compliance hardware and software test failures as they arise, analyze issues and identify suggestions for resolution.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nterpret product standards for HBT, define, plan, and execute test strategy, analyze test results collaborate with global team on project status define and plan next actions.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;bility to communicate with leaders at multiple levels of the organization.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;lay an active role in the VE/CE development team to ensure that the development effort remains on schedule and within budget.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;anage assigned regulatory projects, act as key project interface to applicable regulatory bodies and fire regulatory team.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;ork with regulatory bodies contacts as required to ensure proper interpretation of product and code requirements, advise design engineers of external group standard interpretations.
·nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;bility to interpret product standards to define and test hardware requirements utilizing advanced laboratory test equipment.
What Skills & Experience Do You Need?
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, Electrical preferred
• Product development experience in a regulated industry
• Knowledge in interpreting product standard requirements (. EN, VdS, BRE, AFNOR);
• Evidence on working with regulatory bodies contacts
• 5+ years’ experience in interpretation and application of product standards
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and standards agencies
• 3+ years’ experience in qualification laboratory work
• Relevant knowledge in auditing test and calibration equipment
• Proficiency in use of Electronic test equipment/software used in hardware testing such as DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, Data loggers, Transient machines, ESD simulators, Audio Precision, AC/DC power supplies
• Ability to read electrical schematics to apply to hardware testing
• Mechanical ability to build/setup test fixtures, project test setups (together with engineering team)
• Detail oriented person to perform many different hardware tests and properly record results
• Ability to learn brand specific software interfaces
• Soldering experience with through hole, surface mount components
• Knowledge of Fire panel / industry terminology
• Able to work with remote teams