Medicine and Geriatric Clinic, Eksjö
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in cardiology and internal medicine from within the EU.
Minimum 5 years as a cardiologist is expected, active time in internal medicine specialty is not
Personal qualities required for the position
Flexibility, responsibility and ability for hard work.
Stand-by duty in internal medicine, 4-6 shifts / 3 months.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Employed as a medical assistant with a salary ofwith a general fixed-term employment
as a form of employment for a 6-month period during which language is developed and intro-
duction takes place in the workplace. When Swedish licence to practice and proof of specialist
competence are issued by the National Board of Health and the introduction is completed, the
employment goes on until further notice and a new salary setting takes place as specialist phy-
sician according to agreement.
As a double specialist minSEK/month before taxes
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible.
Description of the clinic
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic has a responsibility on county-level to meet the needs of both
basic and highly specialized inpatient and geriatric care for residents in the Highland
healthcare area. The provided care covers both the urgent need for care that occurs 24 hours a
day for the citizens and the planned, so-called elective need for care.
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic is divided into nine sections: endocrinology, haematology, gastro-
enterology, pulmonary medicine, cardiology, neurology, stroke, renal medicine including dialy-
sis, geriatrics including mobile outpatient units, mobile geriatric team (MGT) and palliative
care unit (PVE). The sections are divided into six health care units. For each care unit, the re-
spective section of outpatient care is linked. This means logistical and staff-related benefits to
Cardiology and Internal Medicine - Jönköping
work in an integrated outpatient and inpatient care system, which brings multiple benefits to
The emergency medical activity, emergency department administratively belongs to the emer-
gency clinic but is staffed by doctors from the medical and geriatric clinic with a primary on-
call (two daytime at the weekend) and two secondary on-calls daytime and a primary on-call at
night. The stand-by duty is staffed as a day shift.
In cardiology, people with heart diseases are treated. The largest groups are angina pectoris,
myocardial infarction, heart failure, heart valve disease and arrhythmias.
Cardiac intensive care is conducted at all three hospitals in the county.
At cardiac nursing receptions, cardiac nurses follow up and plan immediate treatment during
their care after a cardiac event. They also plan for further cardiac rehabilitation efforts, such as
cardiac gymnastics, and educate in lifestyle issues and health.
For pacemaker and ICD receptions, patients come with pacemaker or ICD (inoperative defibril-
lator) to be controlled.
Services offered by the employer
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and
accommodation is financed by us
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount
is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age
children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
• Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account,
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examina-
tions/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are de-
- cover letter
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- proof of language knowledge (if you have such)