This position reports to the Engineering manager and it's part of the Technical Group.
Main mission (ROLE)
The CAD Designer designs and defines product features based on the design rules, standards, and technical specifications in compliance with QCD objectives.
• Collaborates with manufacturing and engineering units to deliver optimized designs for problems that appears in manufacturing,
• Follows all applicable ISO standards and establishes product technical parameters,
• Generates technical drawings while maintaining the accuracy of technical parameters and rigor in standards compliance,
• May contribute to technical meetings, project reviews, and takes an active role in plan reviews,
• Is responsible for implementing the overall procedures and operating instructions relevant to Quality, Safety and Environment, within the scope of her/his duties and in compliance with the rules defined by the Group.
• Experience with CAD tools and ISO design & drawing standards (GPS standards, GD&T),
• Good understanding of metallurgy and/or plastics engineering, more particularly design rules and layout drawings, depending on the scope of application,
• Command of Functional Analysis, failure mode analysis for products/projects (FMECA).
• Rigor, autonomy, ability to deliver sound recommendations for improvement, creativity and minimalism, interpersonal skills, respect for confidentiality, 3D craftsmanship and visualization skills,
• Command of office automation systems and MS Office (Word, Excel, …)
• Command of a foreign language is desirable.