Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
- Waters Helps Scientists in the Fight Against Cancer
- Waters Helps Ensure The Quality & Safety of Food and Beverages
- Waters Helps Drive Innovation in Chemical Materials
- Waters Helps Scientists manufacture innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics
- Waters Leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments
As a Software Engineer at Waters Romania (Brasov), you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs. You will contribute on product development of our comprehensive laboratory informatics platform, designed for use in both regulated and non-regulated environments. This platform is used by our various next generation Mass Spectrometry and LC applications.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team.
What can we offer?
Waters is a company providing good employee benefits, including a healthcare package and excellent training & development support. We have a flexible approach to work with opportunities for some remote working, and maintain a friendly, productive working environment.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Working within a formal development process covering the full development lifecycle.
- Use and promote code design concepts (including working to SOLID principles and some knowledge of engineering for performance) to generate and document appropriate designs
- Work in collaboration with the agile teams and appropriate experts to drive implementation.
- Work closely with architects and POs to clarify functional and technical requirements. Propose technical solutions and refine upper level designs.
- Provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the coding guidelines, quality processes and applicable procedures, including team's definition of DONE
- Work in collaboration with the agile team to generate automated and manual tests to verify implemented software.
- Provide work estimation and tracking information to support management decisions, prioritisation and planning.
- Be a role model in keeping a pro-active attitude to insure continuous improvement of the software quality, work process and individual skills
- Provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide product specific and technical support to internal and external users where appropriate
- Help peers in their technical development by mentoring and sharing knowledge.
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have .net Framework, .net Core, C# Software programming experience and you are familiar with applying technical standards
- You have previous experience on API design, developing and testing
- Experience in using REST architectural style, JSON and API design-first practices besides an in-depth programming knowledge
- Experience in using web technologies
- You are regularly using automated testing and have experience with automation related tools
- You are familiar with CI/CD concepts and their implementation
- A plus could be experience in SaaS, Microservices, Docker or experience developing applications on cloud platforms
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level