Middle (2-5 ani)
GE Energy Connections is looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join our team in Bucharest!
We seek an enquiring mind, desire to learn new skills plus the ability to work efficiently within a geographical distribute team.
If you enjoy challenging though problems, delivering thoughtful solutions and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team.
Electricity markets – critical IT systems – near real-time applications.
The projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
- BSc/MSc in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Proven understanding of software design and development methodology.
- 2-5 years of experience in software design, development and testing.
- Experience with versioning tools (TFS, VSS, GitHub etc)
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio (development, debugging, testing).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SCADA system behavior and operation is appreciated.
- Knowledge of Java, .Net would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Perl/Python would be a plus.
- Handle design and implementation of SCADA/EMS sub-systems. Mainly the development will be in C/C++. Depending on the customer project, some requirements could involve C# or Java Development.
- Actively following best practices in development (peer reviewing, code reviews, design documentation, static code analysis etc).
- Participate in testing sessions with the client during project milestones (demos, FAT, ).
- Participate in the process improvement and documentation update efforts.