C++ Engineer for Ubisoft Technology Group
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Ubisoft, an industry leading developer of video games, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The Technology Group is primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
Reporting to the programming team lead, the candidate will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware inside Ubisoft's Technology Group.
Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of and SDK and associated tools/editors. This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft's AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SDK and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance;
- Keep a track on integration projects and ensure that they meet business requirements and goals;
- Fulfill the end user requirements;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Making recommendation of the integration products and services by carrying out proper researches;
- Minimizing the impact of integration on various existing processes;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new system and features;
- Communicate with the software developers and engineers to address any problem in the program logic.
The work is done following the SCRUM methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent;
- Good spoken/ written English.
- Experience in C++ programming;
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP;
- Strong 3D math skills;
- Knowledge of (game) physics will be a plus;
- Good knowledge of C# and WPF will be a plus;
- Previous experience working on game consoles will be a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work;
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication &interpersonal skills;
- Very good problem solving& troubleshooting skills;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Attention to details;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Fast learner.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of training you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch or in the weekends;
- If you're into sports we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health, you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Let's get in Motion!