Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for a new colleague, a Senior Software Engineer for GUI, to join our software team based in Prague.
The Software Engineer for GUI designs and implements graphical user interfaces in software for powertrain engineering design and analysis, engine development, and gas/fluid dynamics simulation. Participates in the entire software lifecycle - defines requirements, writes/reviews design documents, implements the approved design, writes and conducts tests, corrects deficiencies, conducts code reviews, writes user documentation, aids support team.
- Development of new software or features: liaising with commercial and product teams to understand customer needs; propose solutions; design and implement the chosen solution.
- Maintenance of existing Ricardo Software products: work with development managers and support to determine if inquiries should be elevated to change requests, and implementation of change requests for enhancements and bug fixes
- Delivery of projects to their specification in an agile environment, and to ISO 9000 quality standards
- Specification and creation of tests to demonstrate the correctness of code; tests programs as necessary; correction any shortcomings revealed by in-house or external testing
- Research and understanding of associated technologies such as programming, engineering, physics, and mathematics
- Providing second line technical support: working with our support team to find solutions to the customer inquiries
- Acting as technical liaison with third-party vendors
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent technical degree; PhD is a plus.
- Proficiency in C++, with a minimum of two years related experience, with progressively more years/experience for each grade; experience ideally in user interface and/or graphics programming for engineering products; technical writing is a plus.
- Proficiency in using object-oriented concepts to solve complex problems, preferably in a modelling and simulation context; understanding of complex data structures and data manipulation algorithms
- Experience with revision control system (CVS, ClearCase, git, etc.)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn general graphics programming; also user interface toolkits, specifically Qt
- Ideally experience with both Microsoft Visual Studio and Linux development environments
- Ability to work independently or with others in a geographically diverse team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must be able to explain his/her ideas to a wider audience including those without a programming background)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Power Point
- At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers)
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Experience of agile development (especially Scrum)
- Experience or understanding of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, engines and general engineering a bonus
- Knowledge of OpenGL
- Experience with CMake and Jira
- Knowledge of wikis and Microsoft Sharepoint
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Acest job nu mai este activ.