Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
engleză - avansat
Salariu brut pe luna
800 - 1100
OPEN TO: All Romanian citizens
POSITION: Bus Monitor (3 positions, Temporary Hire)
OPENING DATE: November, 2019
CLOSING DATE: December 10th, 2019
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 20hrs/week with additional hours as required
The positions are temporary to June, 2020.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Bus Monitor’s overall responsibility is to oversee the children’s safety and security within the buses.
Responsibilities also include:
- Accompany the drivers on bus routes transporting school-age children;
- Ensure children get on and off the bus in a safe, orderly fashion with their belongings;
- Ensure all school bus rules are complied with;
- Ensure children are seated safely with their seat belts on;
- Ensure that passengers’ behavior does not impede the driver’s ability to perform his/her duties in the safest manner;
- Serve as liaison between parents and the BERA office;
- Keep children on schedule;
- Advise parents on schedule changes;
- Make recommendations to BERA on any issue about the bus service;
- Inform BERA Manager of any bus service disruption;
- Exercise student management through age-appropriate communication and discipline per Company policy;
- Document and report any violations or conduct concerns to appropriate authority;
- Physically assist passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency;
- Assist Driver in keeping the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable;
- Complete all required paperwork and submit to the appropriate employee/department in a timely manner;
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with fellow employees, supervisors, parents, and school personnel, always promoting company goodwill;
- Have a high degree of attention to detail and considerable dexterity to safely use various types of restraints, secure wheelchairs, etc., including the ability to lift and assist students when necessary;
- Serve as a role model for students in demonstrating a positive attitude, good moral character, and integrity;
- Present with a neat and professional appearance at all times;
- Report to duty on time and perform all responsibilities in a safe manner;
- Attend all assigned training, safety meetings, and in-service meetings;
- Must meet physical and medical requirements;
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Assist the Manager, or in his/her absence the Acting Manager, as required.
Qualifications for Position:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The incumbent is expected to display a high level of social maturity and to skillfully provide assistance to adequately support customers and BERA staff.
- The incumbent must possess a strong voice and be meticulous and well organized. Outstanding interpersonal skills are required. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to follow explicitly and implied instructions.
Applicants will be interviewed by the BERA Team and the Board of Directors after the closing date. Applicants will be notified after a decision has been made.
Interested candidates for this position must submit a current resume, IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY,
Attn: Bus Monitor
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: December 10th, 2019