Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP), with nearly $9 billion in revenues and overclients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers the widest range of HR, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to organizations of all types and sizes.
ADP is seeking a talented and passionate Backup and Storage Automation Engineer who will be assisting the development of a roadmap outlining the strategy and plan of approach to automate all interactions with Backup infrastructure and begin working on the concepts to prove it viable and achievable.
What You’ll Do :
- Design, implement, and support mostly scalable storage and some system solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others.
- Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Troubleshoot system and storage failures, performance issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Strong knowledge required for REST API, Ansible, Python, Bash
- Skilled at working with multiple encoding formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience of interacting with CommVault and/or ECS devices through Rest API’s
- Good knowledge in Backup tools and process:
- Backup: CommVault, ECS, NetBackup
- And some of the following technical perimeters:
- SAN: Brocade, Cisco MDS 9250i, IBM v9000, EMC Power MAX 8000
- NAS: NetApp
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Telecom
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the IT infrastructure field.
· Experience in leading technical projects
· Fluent in English spoken and written
· The candidate should have a good capacity to manage priorities.
· The candidate should be proactive and capable to adapt in a global and multi-technological environment.
· Demonstrated experience creating “software defined” Storage and System infrastructure
· Broad knowledge and experience in scripting and programming with Python and shell script
· Ability and desire to contribute creative ideas to solve technical and business problems
· Strong communication skills (written, oral, and listening); able to effectively share information
· Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and driven to perform and demonstrate result
Success defined by:
· Measure and map most common Backup interactions to automation
· Design and deliver highly available, resilient, and secure backup and storage automation capability that is cutting-edge
· Must be able to document and share code, solution design, and usage with backup and storage engineering and operations
· Deliver full knowledge transfer of accomplishments, metric for success is measured by the usage of storage and backup engineering and operations staff to their benefit: productivity gained, reduced errors, etc. and a sustainable operating and support model for the automation platform