Middle (2-5 ani), Entry (0-2 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Managing data and systems and provide support in business recovery plans. Assists with ensuring the availability of applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the data backup.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs daily backup and restore administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring functions;
- Plans, schedules and performs proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation on related backup solution systems;
- Works on critical backup and restore related projects;
- Performs upgrades and migrations for backup and restore hardware and software;
- Troubleshoots issues with regards to backup and restore environments;
- Monitors backups and restores status in reference to performance as well as usage and trends analysis;
- Performs additional backup and restore related duties as required;
- Assists in determining workload balancing if necessary;
- Proactively oversees resolution of backup/recovery service disruptions and implementation of preventative measures;
- Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices;
- Ensure that restore procedures are configured and tested;
- Reviews and standardizes all recovery plans, including process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures;
- Periodically reviews the backup policies and procedures to ensure right application settings and accurate documentations;
- Assist on capacity planning due to monthly/yearly growth.
- Experience with backup technologies: Backup Exec and/or NetBackup;
- Experience with CommVault is a must for the Expert position and a nice to have for Junior and Senior;
- Possesses an intermediate level of experience with managing and troubleshooting tape libraries, tape media, drive failures, device connectivity and cabling, as well as backup management software and servers;
- Understands technologies and tools that support all tiers of backup and restore management, strategies, and techniques;
- Hands-on experience designing, deploying, and maintaining backup and restore environments;
- Has intermediate knowledge and experience with backup and restore principles and design;
- Has knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Microsoft operating systems as it pertains to backups and restores;
- Has knowledge of SAN-based backups and restores;
- Very good Communication skills in English language is a must;
- Having worked in a global multicultural environment a plus but not a must;
- ITIL certification is a plus but not a must.