Automation Quality Assurance Engineer
246 Calea Floreasca, București
With 15 million customers, 1&1 is one of the world’s leading web hosting and internet service providers, serving both private and commercial users. The company offers a wide product range, from hosting and domains to dedicated and cloud servers, e-mail and e-commerce solutions.
The technology hub in Romania is the second largest software development center of the 1&1 Group and strives to offer own innovative products for millions of customers worldwide, plus high quality maintenance and dynamic enhancements for our software.
In order to continue our success story, we need enthusiastic people, ready to take part in shaping the internet along with us.
The Leads and Content team is part of the Portal Business Solutions department of 1&1.
The products we are developing enable large online marketing campaigns and leverage the big number of users interacting with the platform, by collecting qualified leads, offering incentive mechanisms and sponsor switching mechanism.
We are searching for a colleague for the following position: Automation Quality Assurance Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Develop, extend and maintain an automation test stack inside a Java-based automation framework
- Contribute to the department Continuous Delivery Strategy
- work on testing the functionality of customer facing products used on 1&1 Mail and Media Platforms
- be responsible for planning and conduction of all quality assurance measures for projects in the Leads & Content team of the Mail and Media division
- investigate, report, document and check bugs resulting from testing process
- plan, design, develop, execute and report different types of tests for our web-based products
- design functional regression tests for new system releases
- test the application from a security point of view
- work with partners both in the close team and in a distributed team in Germany
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in software quality assurance as automation tester
- Experience in testing web platforms and client applications
- Experience in applying black-box test
- Knowledge of tests in the different test levels (system and acceptance testing)
- Basic Experience in usability and accessibility testing
- Experience in using specific QA tools for planning, tracking and reporting test results
- Fluent Java, git, maven knowledge
- Comfortable with infrastructure concepts, load balancing, logs investigation, monitoring
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Highly motivated, self-driven and interested in Quality Assurance
- Very good communication skills
Would be a plus:
- experience with Agile development models
- experience with Jira and Git
- experience in using automated test frameworks (Selenium web driver)
Thank you for your application!