Application Support Specialist
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
- System Support Specialist is primarily responsible for finding solutions, workarounds and/or fixes in order to maintain and improve the functionality of the systems as part of the 2nd line support;
- Offers technical support to the 1st line support and to the applications’ users in order to prioritize and solve the problems related to his/her area of expertise, taking over the problem assigned and recorded by the 1st line support in the recording service (. Service Manager);
- Escalates the problems to the 3rd line of support (internal or external), if the case, records the solutions, workarounds and the steps he takes in order to solve the problem in the recording service and notifies the user or the 1st line support when the problem is complete;
- Produce and keep update different documents and procedures that are in relation with his area of support, records new solutions in the Knowledge database and acts proactively, providing a report with the possible future issues that can arise in his/her area of expertise and the solutions to prevent those problems;
- Manage project schedules, including testing and delivery to customers;
- Research, document, and act as subject matter expert on specified applications;
- Participate in design and improvement processes;
- Proactively identify issues within the environment and resolve them;
- Manage and prioritize issues and bugs with vendor and internal teams;
- Manage Problem management process for incidents;
- Create scripts to simplify processes and improve alerting;
- Troubleshoots software and/or infrastructure issues as necessary, including hands-on correction of problems and working with necessary support teams to solve issues;
- Participate in DR/BCP plans;
- Working in an ITIL enviroment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience;
- Basic knowledge of MQ Websphere;
- Windows Server troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server: Database objects (Triggers, Stored Procedures, Views, etc);
- Scripting Knowledge (Powershell) will be an advantage;
- Strong Service Delivery mindset and ability to visualize and shape business understanding and communicate in a way that gets stakeholder buy in;
- Organized person, focused, able to work under pressure responding to critical incidents calmly, but effectively and capable to meet certain deadlines;
- Ability to work within the team;
- Good organizational skills and commitment to fast follow through.