Quipu is an IT consultancy and software development company that provides comprehensive end-to-end solutions for banks and financial institutions, from electronic payments to software systems. We are a 100% subsidiary of ProCredit Holding, the parent company of a group of banks that specialize in providing financial services for SMEs.
Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, Quipu currently operates from 8 regional offices around the world - in El Salvador, Ecuador, Ghana, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Ukraine, Russia and Romania - enabling us to promptly address the needs of a global customer base.
For our team in Bucharest we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Application Support Engineer (m/f/d) to join our international team at the earliest possible date.
We have a vacancy for a self-driven, detailed oriented and passionate Application Support Engineer, to become part of our team of specialists and hold responsibility for providing technical support for live application software, which is vital for our clients.
Expertise in planning application system upgrades, installation of new releases, and migration to new systems as well as the ability to identify obstacles and finding permanent solutions is expected.
Since our systems are live, you will work in an agile environment, collaborating with highly skilled people, therefore being able to work under pressure is crucial.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Second level support and maintenance of Line of Business banking applications that are essential to running a customer business
- Carry out maintenance of the applications throughout their life cycle, core banking system configuration, parametrization
- Deploying the software releases as well as coordinating other related activities of the release management process, regardless of whether it is a project or a maintenance job
- Follow guidelines to implement requests for change, avoiding service disruptions and adhering to service levels and information security requirements, apply change control procedures
- Support the ongoing implementation projects
- Technical testing of the new or changed software applications
- Performing fulfilment of the service requests as well as coordinating incidents across several specialist teams in accordance with SLA
- Troubleshooting a complex transactional application system based on MS SQL Investigate incidents to establish the root cause, and resolve or escalate
- Contribute to business continuity, manage risks that could seriously impact IT services by reducing the risk from disaster events to an acceptable level and planning for the recovery of IT services
- Maintain knowledge database and ensure the structured documentation of processes, solution procedures, checklists
- Design, implement and maintain functional reports in Visual Studio, Reporting Services
- Monitors production system notifications and acts accordingly, to investigate, diagnose and solve application-related problems
- Consulting internal departments, end-user support
- University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of relevant IT experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and Microsoft SQL Server tools
- Understanding of Core Banking Applications
- Understanding of banking business processes
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Self-starter, well organized and motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities
- Enjoying teamwork in (inter)national team with the aim of continuous development
- Desire to learn and develop skills further
- Responsible and reliable
- A substantial degree of flexibility, allowing for an autonomous approach to performing duties
- Challenging and varied work
- Flat management structure
- Long-term prospects with plenty of opportunities for development and growth
- Excellent team-oriented and international working environment