Application Protocol Engineer
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
As an Application Protocol Engineer in Ixia’s dedicated Application and Threat Intelligence team you will be responsible for identifying, researching and implementing well-known application protocols used in Ixia’s products.
- You will read RFC’s or other specifications on well-known protocols and incorporate them into the Ixia’s products utilizing Ruby and XML;
- For application protocols that are either proprietary or undocumented, you will setup an infrastructure to capture the traffic in order to understand the protocol, reverse engineer it, and incorporate it into the product.
- Identify and investigate application data in order to develop patterns (application signatures) that are able to detect and classify applications as part of Ixia's discovery intelligence technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good programming in one or multiple languages (Ruby, Python, etc);
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and OSI model;
- In-depth knowledge of protocol analyzers (. Wireshark, Fiddler);
- Knowledge of application layer protocols;
- Creative problem solving approach to projects;
- Communicating and collaborating with others;
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience;
- 1+ years of development experience;
- Network protocol development experience;
- Working knowledge of XML;
- Understanding of application data encoding and reverse engineering
- Experience with unit testing;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Experience with Continuous Integration;
- Experience with TDD;
- Experience with tools such as Vagrant, Docker, and/or LXC;