A little about us
Ixia was acquired by Keysight Technologies Inc. in 2017. Keysight helps scientists and engineers address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence, offering the most precise electronic measurement solutions in the industry. Keysight employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurement and make a difference in the world.
The Applications Lifecycle Management (ALM) Tools and Collaboration Engineer position in Keysight’s Information Technology division is an uncompromising technical role which gives unprecedented experience to learn and reflect for the prospective candidate. We are looking for a passionate candidate who is willing to partner with geographically diverse team and great team player to help us embrace the Software-centric solutions strategy of Keysight, primarily in consulting on ALM Tools & Collaboration, Processes and Best Practices to enable an integrated, Agile platform of the future.
Primary responsibility of an ALM Tools and Collaboration Engineer includes:
1) Implement the technology strategy of Atlassian ALM tool suites with minimal guidance.
2) Tools integrations and troubleshooting – Software Development and downstream applications (Atlassian -> Jenkins, Artifctory, Docker, etc.
3) Good understanding on non-Atlassian platforms such as Microsoft TFS, MKS, Clearcase, etc.
4) Develop plugins and scripts as needed to automate and/or increase Software development efficiency.
5) Tools Evolution and constantly evaluate new opportunities.
6) Operations: Primary Steward in maintaining tools Service Level Agreements (SLA), IT Security and Compliance, System Performance and other stewardship activities (application upgrade, infrastructure changes etc).
7) Optimize: Consistently driving LEAN Optimization efforts to improve performance, reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
8) Collaborate closely with other IT organizations, particularly the IT Infrastructure organizations to design, implement and support solutions.
9) Collaborate closely with 3rd party vendors ( Microsoft, Atlassian, IBM etc) and internal IT suppliers to ensure continuous progress and deliverables are met.
10) Should be a great team player
11) Recommend and apply Industry best-practices for ALM Tools and processes.
12) Constantly lookout for cost-effective solutions and consolidation options.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· At least a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. A Master’s degree will be a plus.
· Experience in managing Software Development Life cycle (SDLC/ALM) applications and tools, especially Atlassian tools, Microsoft – Team Foundation Server:
o Source Code Management
o Defect Management & Tracking
o Build Management
o Test and Release management.
· A year or two experiences in Software development. Experience in Cross-Platform development a plus.
· Greater understanding/experience on Agile, Scrum, and Kanban based Software Development.
· DevOps practice would be a great plus.
· Good understanding or Terllo boards, JIRA
· Greater understanding and hands on experience of one of the Collaboration platforms such as Confluence, MS teams, Slack.
· Experience in plug-in developments for Atlassian tool suite – JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins,
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work with cross functional IT and business teams.
· Strong analytical skills with the working knowledge of infrastructure components (Networking, memory, CPUs, storage - Disk IOs,) to troubleshoot various challenges.
· Experience in handing escalations and to be able to deliver under pressure.
· Strong experience in Systems Administration and understanding of various Operating Systems platforms and technologies:
o Embedded Operating Systems (optional)
o Web Services (IIS, Apache, tomcat)
o Storage (Flash, NAS, etc)
o Application monitoring and performance tuning.
· Experience in providing multi-tier Software Solutions for large/global R&D functional teams would be a plus.
· Shell scripting, Perl, Python would a great plus.