● Work closely with Product Owners and Solution Designers to develop understanding of business needs; collaborate with architects and development teams to come up with high level systems design.
● Translate solution designs into high quality code (Analysis, Development, Pull Requests)
● Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes
● Operate Test Driven Development (TDD)
● Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java/Kotlin code
● Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
● Attention to detail and experience minimising technical debt
● Work with the Release Management team in app deployment activities.
● Proficiency in Kotlin & Java.
● At Least 4-5 years of native Android development experience.
● Strong knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
● Good understanding of Android UI design principles.
● Solid understanding of the mobile development life cycles.
● Proficiency in writing unit and Android UI tests.
● Proficiency in working with Git.
● Experience with storage, threading, and performance tuning.
● Top-notch team player and possess excellent communication skills.
● Understanding of functional programming using RxJava.
● Understanding of cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
● Telco Media domain experience will be a plus
● Familiarity with Google Firebase.
● Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
● Knowledge of frameworks like Kotlin Multi platform/React Native/Flutter would be an added advantage.
● Familiar with deploying apps to Google Play Store.